You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
mostrich
Admin

Re: You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

Post by mostrich »

During my service I really enjoyed shooting the HK G3 (Heckler & Koch Gewehr 3). Nothing pierces stuff like a solid 7.62 x 51 round. I also had its successor the G36 at hand but it felt a bit toyish in comparison.
I still own a Austrian orderly rifle from the late 19th century. A heritage from my dad, still in splendid condition. Unfortunately there is no ammo for it anymore.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Oh boy. Where to start? I like guns a lot and have uh, cough, "several". It started when I was 11 and received a .22 semi-auto Mossberg for Christmas. When I was 21, I bought a .22 LR Stoeger Luger, my first pistol. Since then, I've accumulated quite a few. The first "military type" I bought was the IMI Uzi Carbine in 9mm. Not long after that, two Ruger Mini 14 (5.56) joined the fold. Today, I have a modest collection with 6 Kalashnikov rifles (AKM/AK-type) (five are 7.62x39, the other is 5.45x39), four FAL rifles in 7.62x51, a CETME Sporter (7.62x51), which was the Spanish-made, German-designed rifle that evolved into the H&K G3, four SKS rifles and a bunch of surplus rifles. I bought most of them after getting a Curio & Relic (C&R)FFL, with that license, qualifying weapons can be bought and delivered directly to the license holder with no transfer required. I guess I'll post a few pics here, mostly the more "modern" weapons. I noticed another thread about mil-surps, so I'll save some pics for that too.

**Please click on image for full-size view**

Kalashnikov collection:

FAL rifles:

Century CETME Sporter, with surplus H&K G3 furniture:

SKS collection:

Rimfire rifle collection:

Last edited by Gary Brantley on Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

How about some pistols? :grin:

**Please click on image for full view**

"Tupperware guns"...Glock 19 (9mm), Glock 21(.45acp), Taurus G2C (9mm) and a Smith&Wesson M&P Shield (.45acp):

Browning High Powers, one Portuguese/Belgian (polished blue) and one ex-Israeli (parkerized):

Smith&Wesson 686 .357 Magnum revolver:

Colt Python .357 Magnum revolver (parkerized finish by Randy Kline, master gunsmith):

Thanks for having a look!
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice collection!!!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Some really nice FALs and always wanted a colt python
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Damn Gary… can I be in your will and get a few of those…? :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Son, you have a problem! No shotguns!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks keavdog, Floki, Carlos and Lyle for your comments! That Python belonged to a close friend of mine and was given to him by someone else. It had lived in a cardboard box in an old country barn and looked like hell. Well, actually, it looked like this:

I suggested that Randy Kline could salvage that. We drove up to Jacksonville and left it with Randy. He later said that the most expensive part of the restoration was having the nickel finish electro-chemically removed. My friend, Joe, was killed in a truck wreck almost five years ago now.

As for those FALs, they were each built from a "parts kit" that had all the original military parts except the receiver. I purchased that and paid Randy Kline, aka "Sledgehammer", a master FAL-smith, to assemble the rifle. I finished all the stocks and handguards and Randy finished the metal. The G1 type shown above has semi-fancy French walnut made by a man in Michigan; I actually have a brief video of him shaping the stock, pretty cool! Three of them were originally manufactured by the Brazilian IMBEL company. The G1 started life as an actual FN-built rifle in Belgium. Its receiver was made and custom-marked to match the original lower receiver by Entreprise Arms.

Here's a pic of myself and Randy when I picked up my first FAL from him. He has since moved his operation to Jacksonville, Texas. from Burleson, Texas, where the picture was made. He is a rather large man, hence his nickname. But he is the absolutely nicest guy you'll meet!

And as for those shotguns Lyle...patience grasshopper. All good things come in time:

Winchester Defender 12 ga:

Mossberg 185 K-B 20 ga:

Fox Savage Model B 12 ga:

Pre-World War One German drilling 2 x16 ga and 9.3x72R rifle barrel:

I also have a Remington 870 Express 12 ga that I've given to my son Carson and I don't have a pic of it.

The German drilling was sent home from Europe by my Dad when he was there in WWII. I suppose it's considered a "war prize". Those type guns were often used in Imperial Germany by gamekeepers on large estates, enabling them to carry a shotgun and rifle together. My Dad hunted birds and squirrels with it and when we moved to Australia in 1966, it went with us. There he found rifle ammunition for it in an old antique shop. He took the old gun to a local beach where he and a co-worker, an ex-German Merchant Marine from WWII, flipped a coin to see who would try it! Later, my Dad went on a kangaroo hunt with some Aussie mates and killed three 'roos with the rifle barrel. One, a six-footer, was shot at 100 yards. Not bad for a non-rifle guy and with those flip-up rear "sights". It will never leave our family now. :grin:

Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

I knew, deep down...that if anything would bring Tex back in here...it's be this thread!!! :bye:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh man, you have all sorts of goodies there Gary. That Drilling sounds very interesting and sure looks to be a very beautiful shooting iron.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”