Got any Military surplus

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
Floki
Elite Member

Got any Military surplus

Post by Floki »

Any collectors of Military surplus rifles or pistols or heck any other type of Military surplus items?

First I have a Czech 8mm Mauser, I haven't had this one very long and still have the tag on it from the auction. The stock is not in the best of shape but it's hard to find these with the Czech crest still on them

Sticking with Mausers I got a German Kar98k Russian capture It's in great shape but collectors give these no value just because they was captured by the Russians. What they did was strip the finish off the stock and put a heavy coat of shellac on it, made sure everything was in working order then stamped the receiver with a star. All the original German marking are there untouched but "collectors" hate that star. I plan to one day strip the shellac off the stock and stain it back to a walnut color.
The star that makes this useless to some people

This ones not a surplus but I figure I'll put it here for fun. It's a GSG STG44 clone in .22lr it's as close to the original as any other clone out there.

Moving to the Cold War era with my Romanian PSL it's a designated marksman rifle with designs from the Russian Dragnov but with the long stroke piston system of the RPK. It has the original Russian scope but the tritium in it burned out a long time ago so no longer glows.

And the center piece of my collection my Springfield all matching CMP M1 Garand. A rifle that General Patton wrote to General Campbell of the War Department. “In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised” and in a letter Patton wrote to Springfield Armory “I consider the M1 the greatest weapon ever made” My Dad carried the M14 in Vietnam during his first tour a weapon that was identical to the Garand in many ways him and a lot of the other guys in his unit in a nod to Patton carved This Machine Kills Commies into the stock.

So lets see what Military Surplus you guys have!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Got any Military surplus

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Does owning a bunch of green army men count? :giggles: :bag: :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh I have all sorts of “surplus” gear... stuff I bought, stuff that was found in the field, stuff that was “expendable items” (issued and never taken back by supply)...

And I do have a few collector/surplus firearms: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, No.4 Enfield, Webley Revolver, and a wartime production Spreewerk P.38.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You could go ahead and send me the M-1 carbine.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote: You could go ahead and send me the M-1 carbine.

:nono:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I’ll throw in two, not one, but two sheets of 3/4” 4x8 plywood.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That's a nice collection Carlos, I would love to have a M1 Carbine. I also have a Enfield and a 1903 Springfield both have been turned into sporters by the previous owners. Also have a Walther P1, its the same as the P38 but made after the war.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

LyleW wrote:I’ll throw in two, not one, but two broken canopies.
There. I fixed it. More better now. :giggles:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But still no deal :tease:

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

I have my great grandfathers helmet from WW1...

He brought back a German helmet...and knights cross(not pictured)
Also in the pic is a WW2 USAAC "helmet" my grampa acquired...WW1 pilot goggles...Gas mask(I have 2, with their proper case/bag), from my bro in law (iraq)...and not sure of the origine of the bayonet.

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”