Gun musings and.ammo chatter

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
LyleW
Admin

Gun musings and.ammo chatter

Post by LyleW »

Texgunner wrote:
LyleW wrote:Great steak and fried okra! The little plastic cups the use looked to be perfect for hobbby use. I asked and they sold me a sleeve of maybe 200 (maybe more) for five bucks. Also bought about 1,000 rounds of ammo...500 22lr, 300 9mm, 100 .380 acp.

Took six guns to the range this morning. 1 380 (S&W 380), 2 Ruger 22lr pistols, The Taurus 9mm, the Hellcat 9mm and a S&W 9mm. Multiple mags for each. Probably won’t do that again.
Mmmmm. That sounds good Lyle! I've been so hungry for a really good steak.

Watch out for solvent in those plastic cups; may melt through them? Ask me how I know... :wink:

It sounds like you're building up that ammunition stash-great idea too! I would be interested in your opinion after shooting all three 9mm pistols, especially the Hellcat vs. the Taurus. What sort of comparison would you make of them? It sounds like a helluva birthday so far. My best wishes for a full recovery for Pam too.
Thanks for the well wishes! Oh yeah, the cups will be tested first, that’s for sure? The steak was at a place called Colton’s. Only seen two around here. It was a 9 oz sirloin, cooked as ordered, juicy and tender. What one would expect. The fried okra was good, too.

I only put two or three mags through each of those. I think, honestly, the a Taurus G2 Millenium was the smoother of the three. It us also the oldest, from 2016. The Hellcat is nice, but has a strong recoil. Especially after shooting the 22s. The third one was the S&W M&P Shield 9mm EZ. It is a strange beast. I’ll probably buy it from my brother, but it is third in the pecking order.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Re: Gun musings and.ammo chatter

Post by LyleW »

Ammo seems to be coming down in some stores for some calibers. Ky gun had Federal 9mm for under 23 about double the Shoot Point Blank had 50 rd boxes of reman 9mm for over 35. For example. Hundred rd 223 rem was75 ar KGC. CCI 22lr was 80 for 500 rds and 180 for the 1440 rd bucket of 22 lr hollow point from Remington. Oh, .380 ACP was down to “only” 36 a box from 48 several weeks ago.

I’ll buy a few boxes at a to e of things and hope it keeps moving in the right direction.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

You're welcome Lyle, and thanks for your input. I really like shooting my Taurus G2C. It seemed to be a great bargain $199 and so far has been very reliable. My S&W Shield in .45 has an atrocious trigger. I thought when I bought it that I would use it for a carry pistol, but the trigger is so bad that I can't shoot it well with consistency. I've even thought about selling it <shudder>. Once I get 'em, I hate to see them go! :lol:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I am the same way, Gary. I almost think the S&W 9mm pulled a double fire on me with the last two rounds. It does have a wonky trigger.

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”