Rules, etc.....

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: Rules, etc.....

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Sounds good.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

OK then, not really a quorum but on Sat the 13th I'll have my wife draw the names form a hat (literally) and I'll PM everybody their giftee name, address and wishlist. If there is still an odd number ood entries, I join in. I'll be the only one who will know who his gifter is.
Anyone else want to join the fun?
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I was thinking we should draw sooner, maybe the first week of November; given the supply issues and transportation delays that everyone is talking about. But, the decision is made so I'll be looking forward to seeing who I get.

Thank you for doing this. I missed it for so many years.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I was to Mark but it'll be fine. I'm not having any issues getting stuff, even from Poland.
If you want to grease the palms here I can make sure you get who you want :tease:
Just bustin ya. I'm on the up and up. My wife would give me stink eye if I wasn't :nono:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Duke Maddog wrote:I was thinking we should draw sooner, maybe the first week of November; given the supply issues and transportation delays that everyone is talking about. But, the decision is made so I'll be looking forward to seeing who I get.

Thank you for doing this. I missed it for so many years.
My plan is to order from somewhere local to whoever i get. I 100% know whatever i send is going to take forever to get there from here. So im cutting out as much distance as i can.
For me, whoever gets me. Ordering from Hannants is the best way to go. Our local chains are pretty average and dont carry a lot of stock.
Im not worried if it arrives after Christmas.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

I had a friend drop off a package in Cincinnati last Friday afternoon and it was already at my PO Box in Wisconsin on Monday via priority USPS, an order from Best Buy that arrived in the same timeframe, and a Newegg order sent yesterday that is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I think some of the shipping issues are overblown as of right now, but 3 boxes don't exactly set a national trend and I am sure experiences vary in different regions around the country.

Either way I'm fine if the drawing is moved because who knows what December will look like once Black Friday and Cyber Monday deliveries hit the system.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Or throughout the Christmas holiday season. Gonna be real interesting to see how it all pans out...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Steve, did you get my PM with my info?
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Yes I did John.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I agree with Glamdring, one doesn't know what the shipping and supply situation will be like in November/December during peak shipping periods. Still, I'll do my best; possibly even adopting a variation of Mikey's technique, depending on who I have.

If mine comes after Christmas Day, I'm not worried either..After all, if one truly believes in it; Christmas is a season, lasting twelve days. Hence the song...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Secret Santa 2021”