Rules, etc.....

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Rules, etc.....

Post by Duke Maddog »

Floki wrote:
Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:One thing I need to say, is we need a minimum number of people. I say 8 people at least need to sign up before it is a go ahead. We also need someone who isn't part of the group to give out the names, otherwise at least someone will know who got them.
Last time I shipped something I sold the post office made me put a return address on the box so if we use USPS we will know who sent us what since we are mostly on first name basis around here.
When I shipped mine, I left off the name; just put my address. Most people don't know everyone's address.

I think September is the best time to consider this and get it started. As Modelcrazy said, gifts should be shipped after Thanksgiving. Names should be issued some time about two to three weeks before Thanksgiving to give time for people to shop.

I'm in if this gets off the ground.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Participants so far: (Lyle please join)
Floki
Duke MadDog
tempestjohnny (perhaps)
Scruffy
Modelcrazy is doing spreadsheet (many thanks if this goes to plan)
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Last edited by Ceaser_Sa1ad on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Past couple years I drop shipped directly from Spruebrothers.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Right soooo is everyone on the aforementioned list still interested? And is there any new interest?
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'm going to withdraw my participation in this year's Secret Santa. Sorry.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

I will join in the festivities
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

If y'all are going to do this, it's getting close to the time to start finalizing the rules lists ETC. The drawing is best completed on or before Thanksgiving (November 25 this year) to insure the gifts arrive before Christmas.

Just message me your name, address and your whish list. It's better to have more than one wish, and I make up a spreadsheet to send to Ceaser.

That helps the gifter choose what he or she can afford and gives the giftee a little surprise on Christmas day.
I personally usually just put down any 1/72 Luftwaffe for example, any 1/72 Airfix, 1/35 German armor ETC. One year I sent a list of about 10 specific kits, all under $30.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Id be keen to join but i have 2 issues.
Im in NZ and it takes effing forever for anything to get here or get out of here (especially in these covid times)
I take a looooooooong time to build anything. Although i have been getting back into it a bit lately.
If whoever i get doesnt mind it maybe being a little late im keen.
Ill PM once i have a wishlist
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

OK gents, I have our first name om the spreadsheet. Get them to me so I can get everybody in the drawing.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Alrighty men,
Price range is anything below $50. Keep in mind shipping costs, so I would advise not jumping too high. Keep in mind though, you will be receiving something in the approximate price.
Names will be drawn by ModelCrazy. Names need to be in by Thanksgiving (US).

Return to “Secret Santa 2021”