The Children of Doom

Or, The Shelf of Doom. Since most of us intend to finish these someday....well, you know.
Stikpusher

Re: The Children of Doom

Post by Stikpusher »

jeaton01 wrote:That tank must have some horsepower if the commander needs a windscreen!
According to wiki, the T-72 has a top speed of 65-75 kph. Of course that would be on a level paved hiway, but in sub freezing temperatures common in their areas during winter, add in a little head wind and a windscreen would be nice.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Today was an airbrush session! First I airbrushed the inner face of the hatches in flat black, then I airbrushed on a top coat of Model Master Russian Armor Green… plus is addressed several areas where I did a less than stellar job many years ago…

I also added a wire antenna (that I need to paint), and test fitted the commander’s AA MG… and ordered a set of Russian tank crew figures in winter uniforms off of eBay…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Today I got a few more detail items painted, and added the invasion markings.

Next up is weathering… mud, dust, and more mud! :giggles:

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow! This is amazing Carlos! Now I want to pull down my seven Russian MBT's and get started on them!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. Seeing all those MBTs in action has reawakened my interest in building them. This one was just closest enough to the point of getting something finished quickly. And thankfully my repair and painting skills & tools have improved since this one was sidelined all those years ago.

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking awesome. Eerie that you can turn on the TV and see it!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote:Looking awesome. Eerie that you can turn on the TV and see it!
Thanks John. Good thing that I don’t watch too much TV anymore.

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

It's for that reason right there that I aint no cat fan as far as having one in my house goes. I mean....I do have alot of respect for cats and don't really have a problem with them .....as long as they aint in my house.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Don’t get me wrong. I like cats. But it was always something of a battle with them and my display shelves. For the time being, no more cats in our home. Not to mention that when we do have cats, they are indoor/outdoor cats, and around here, cats don’t last too long with all of the packs of coyotes.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh wow.... that looks really nice, Carlos! Can’t wait to see her all dirty. :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Shelf of Someday”