What have you NOT built- ever?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: What have you NOT built- ever?

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, if you have a shortwave radio receiver, you can listen in on frequencies 5000 kHz, 10000 kHz, and 15000 kHz to listen to the atomic clock broadcast of UCT. I used to use that to set my watch as needed. Something you learn as a commo guy on radio watch from the old hands…
And as far as UCT vs. Zulu time, Zulu just sounds more badass! :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Sweet! Gives me plenty time to find something I've never done in case I'm in no mood to build what's in my current stash.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:Depending on what my LHS has, I will either do a seaplane or a civilian plane. Never done either. What would be great is if I found a civilian sea plane.

One suggestion: Matchbox Noorduyn Norseman in 1/72 scale. The floatplane version is for a civilian Canadian bush plane:

I'm building one now. You should be able to find one; maybe one of the links provided in another thread showing sellers will have one.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Dammit, I wish I saw this post earlier... I already picked up my kit for the GB... I think I may do one anyway at some point.
I chose the Minicraft Beechcraft Bonanza V35A. Looks like a fun simple kit, and its civi, so I can't complain.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Also may I make a suggestion? Should there be an official name for the GB, I suggest calling it "Never have I ever" because that is basically the game we are all playing with the GB.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’ll come up with a name when I post the three for the GB in a couple of weeks.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:...that’s GMT for those who don’t hablar… :giggles: ( Clint Eastwood homage ).
Bloody love that Movie (I only watched it last week as it happens...)

I'm in obviously - looking forward to it!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Awwh nuts, I thought it was anything you never built before :headbang:
Oh well back to the ole modern bomber thing. We're having our show up here on the 9th.
"You know, I think I sneak over there and give it a big whang myself."
Maybe I can find something in a modern bomber size.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

This is my kit:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:...that’s GMT for those who don’t hablar… :giggles: ( Clint Eastwood homage ).
Bloody love that Movie (I only watched it last week as it happens...)

I'm in obviously - looking forward to it!

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”