Interesting F-16A Load outs

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stuart
Elite Member

Interesting F-16A Load outs

Post by Stuart »

As part of my builds to celebrate 50 years of Matchbox kits - I'm going to build their F-16A/B kit - probably as an A.

However I'm at a loss what to hang under it. I have all the exterior parts for my failed Tamiya build last year to use on it, so I can replace the pylons, tanks and ECM pod etc, and I also have some nice AIM-9s - but I'm not sure what else to put on it - any thoughts?

The one I did last year had an iron bomb under one wing and AGM-65's under the other. so I'd like to do something different. The HARMS I have are probably out, but what about MERS or TERs with stuff on...? :hmm:

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Re: Interesting F-16A Load outs

Post by Stikpusher »

TERs with Mk.82’s we’re fairly commonly carried by F-16As. I have yet to come across any photos outside of flight test with MERs and any sort of bomb load on any F-16.

Here is a link to a list to load outs carried by F-16s in Desert Storm.

https://www.dstorm.eu/pages/loadout/f-16.html
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks for the info Carlos - I'm building an aircraft from the NY ANG, which your list says carried TERS with mk.82s - that could be good. Mind you, the first day load out with a centre-line gun pod sounds interesting, but then it also carried a Maverick which I've already done. :hmm:

Do any of the Hasegawa weapons sets carry TERS with 82s? (I'm assuming they'd be slicks BTW?)
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jelliott523
Master Member

Post by jelliott523 »

Stuart wrote:
Do any of the Hasegawa weapons sets carry TERS with 82s? (I'm assuming they'd be slicks BTW?)
Yes, the 1/48 Hasegawa Sets A,B, & D, I know all have the TERS and the A set has MERS as well.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:
Thanks for the info Carlos - I'm building an aircraft from the NY ANG, which your list says carried TERS with mk.82s - that could be good. Mind you, the first day load out with a centre-line gun pod sounds interesting, but then it also carried a Maverick which I've already done. :hmm:

Yes, “slicks”, aka LDGP (low drag general purpose). HDGP, or high drag general purpose come in two types, the Vietnam era petal fin Snakeyes, or the 80’s era AIR or air inflatable retard, aka “ballute” (balloon parachute)

In 1/72, which I presume that you’re building, Hasegawa Set I comes with the Mk.82s and the TERs… along with all sorts of other things that go boom.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”