Looking at old Monogram kit images...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Looking at old Monogram kit images...

Post by Duke Maddog »

Even though I never built any of those (except one) when I was a kid I do remember them. I do have that two of those Monogram B-52s still in the stash somewhere, but I believe one is a different boxing. I have the one so I can attempt the bare metal finish on it; the other is the original release that has the sound package and all in it.

I just wish someone would release a 5-ton truck in 1/72 scale! :headslap:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You have two B-52s in your stash Mark? :shocked: Wow! Thats two more big birds to do one day.

Yeah, I built all of those armor kits and the B-52 long ago. The Sherman still lives to this day. :wink: The rest are no more. Seeing those white box kits brings back memories of easy childhood days... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I take one of the B-52 kits off your hands, Mark.... :whistle: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:You have two B-52s in your stash Mark? :shocked: Wow! Thats two more big birds to do one day.

Yeah, I built all of those armor kits and the B-52 long ago. The Sherman still lives to this day. :wink: The rest are no more. Seeing those white box kits brings back memories of easy childhood days... :hmm:
I have three...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm.... :hmm: :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:You have two B-52s in your stash Mark? :shocked: Wow! Thats two more big birds to do one day.

I have three...

You can only play with two of them at a time carpet bombing any pets you have... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

What fools we mortals be, I have nine of them if you count the B-52B version with the X-15. No, I wasn't planning my own Arc Light mission, I think several were given to me.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I'm a fool for those old Monogram kits. I'm also in love with what Shep Paine was able to do with them in his legendary diorama's. I had a few as a kid and of course just did an OK job, but hardly painted them. Once I'm all settled in I think I may peruse eBay and see what i can find. I may try a dio as a Shep Paine tribute.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Ah the good old days. I remember my bedroom as an early teen having the B-52, B-17, B-24, B-29, and the B-36 hanging from the ceiling. To try and get that group again would cost me $500 bucks
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

At least that much. They are bow “vintage”, you know. I have all of those, don’t forget the B-58!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Modeling Discussion”