Kits of Years Past, Part 2 - Everything Else

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Kits of Years Past, Part 2 - Everything Else

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! Yep Carlos, that is how I did it when I was a kid!

Balcksheep, that is a very respectable number of models you built in your childhood. It sounds about the same as the number I did as well. I was also motivated by the wargames we did for five years or so from the time I was nine through 14. the rule was that we had to have at least built something before adding it to the game; painting was an option which gave better bonuses to the equipment we introduced. That's when my count exploded and by the time I got married at 26; I had at least 450+ models built.

Now I'm up to 1591; and yes, most of them are models from my youth and childhood...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Kits of Years Past, Part 2 - Everything Else

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:You sure built quite a lot over the years! How many of the old ones survived to this day?
Unfortunately, a very small handful. The missus once forced me to get rid of some of my old model kits a year after moving into our new house. She called it clutter and hoarding. :headbang:
Oh, I was pissed and the argument we had over it wasn’t pretty. So, she got her way, she knew I was extremely pissed and I made it be known it will never be forgotten nor forgiven. She now knows it and regrets it. It’s all water under the bridge now.

In reality, I’d say a small fraction of what was on that list I still had but very little survived since then.

I’ll post some pics of the surviving ones I managed to hold on to.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Modeling Discussion”