2022 Goals

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: 2022 Goals

Post by keavdog »

I way overcommitted with the group builds last year and fell short. I've dialed back this year and intend to get them done. I've finished one with the H-19 and have 5 remaining ( one from last year - the Airbus 380-800) and another is my first GB I'm running over at the other place (Formula 1). I want to keep time open to do some impulse building.

Done
  • Polaris Mach 5
    Revell H-19 - Floats & Boats GB
Remaining Group Builds
  • Secret Santa 2021 - Revell 1/44 Airbus 380-800
    80's Group Build - Tamiya 1/20 YZR500 - Kenny Roberts
    Formula 1 GB - Tamiya 1/20 McLaren MP4/7
    The Mighty 8th - 80 years - Tamiya 1/48 P-51B Mustang (crossover)
    Animal GB - Tamiya 1/48 P-51B Mustang (crossover)
    Japanese GB - Tamiya 1/48 A6M5/5a Zero
A bit Tamiya heavy now that I look at it :hmm:

Other than that we may downsize/move out of California this year, but that's up in the air.
Thanks,
John
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

John, I know how you feel re: Group Builds. I joined a lot myself in five different Forums and promptly forgot most of them!

Moving out? I commend you sir on your escape. However, I wish we could have met at a show or something before you go.

Looking forward to seeing your year's production, based on what you listed here.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I did the same with GB's last year. I was going full speed until Halloween then just stopped dead.

I don't know how you guys afford California. I left Connecticut because it was getting ridiculous. California is a whole other level
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Oh I failed miserably at the GB's. So many are still being worked on and some (looking at you Demon) got trashed. Now that it seems that Covid is on the down swing, I'm getting the bench moving a lot more than the last two years.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

tempestjohnny wrote: I don't know how you guys afford California. I left Connecticut because it was getting ridiculous. California is a whole other level

Johnny, speaking for me and my wife; we can't!

The only saving grace we have is that our mortgage is paid off so our place is hours... such as it is. I have been receiving free food from my church over the past couple years just to reduce costs. I've also reduced the time I spend behind the wheel, walking wherever I can reach on foot.. Certain things I won't give up are; first and foremost: Sunday Mass, followed by my Hobby Days, SoCal AMPS meetings and IPMS meetings. After the episode I had when I couldn't attend any of those things during lockdowns that almost cost me my life; I need those to keep going and won't let that happen again.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”