JEaton. How do you make your masks?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

JEaton. How do you make your masks?

Post by scorpiomikey »

John. I just stumbled across your spitfire camouflage masks on the interwebs. How did you make them? Id love to know your process.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: JEaton. How do you make your masks?

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Yeah me too! I saw them on your site when looking for ideas for my Secret Santa build.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I'll put together a post on it in the next few days. The camouflage masks are not too hard, but one of the stumbling blocks is that often the kit drawings don't "work", there is no way to reconcile the top view with the side view. On most British aircraft I can find the MOD drawings and the Spitfire and Hurricane masks are based on those. I think the Tempest masks are too.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Looking through old posts and see that I need to follow up on this. Soon, I hope. :whistle:
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Thanks John.
No rush. The lancaster is a few kits away yet.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”