Ghost of Kyiv

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: Ghost of Kyiv

Post by jeaton01 »

Claiming 40 airplanes by the whole Ukrainian Air Force sounds like a stretch, but more power to them!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

on CNN so it must be true

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the Ukrainian army has already destroyed more than 1,000 Russian tanks, nearly 200 Russian aircraft, and almost 2,500 armored fighting vehicles.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

CNN.......... :bored: ROFL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jeaton01 wrote:Claiming 40 airplanes by the whole Ukrainian Air Force sounds like a stretch, but more power to them!
This continuously updated blog site keeps track of equipment lost by photos, so essentially only “confirmed losses” although I have found a few of their type IDs to be off, and some items look to be photographed more than once.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/a ... pment.html

They count Russian losses, as of the time of this posting, at 25 fixed wing aircraft, 36 rotary wing aircraft, and 32 UAVs. I guess downing UAVs would be equivalent to shooting down WWI observation balloons, although the UAV can be far more lethal to ground forces.

And somewhere in between these photographed losses, and the Ukrainian claims, lies the true count. I’m sure not every kill manages to get photographed for confirmation.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Assuming I am around long enough, I will be interested in reading what numbers history determines to be the actual numbers....or the reasonable approximations of such. I really don't believe anything that is reported anywhere at the moment, especially those released by the propo departments of the two belligerents.

Having said that, I will keep an eye out for this kit as well...especially since it is at my preferred aircraft scale.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

DN Models have masks for the digital jets.

https://dnmodels.com/
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

First thing that dies in war is the truth.
I'd love to know all the facts but we'll have to wait patiently until historians can dig through all that propaganda (or sometimes just blown up truth).
Let's hope that all the madness ends real quick. Every victim is one too much.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Since my resolution to get rid of more kits than I buy this year has fully been set to the side, my preorder of this kit has been placed and is now paid for...hopefully that means the new Squadron owner has it in hand and will be sending this week.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"

Return to “Modeling Discussion”