eBay...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

eBay...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wondering how many of you have found kits from your younger years and have them on your Watch List.

I’ve found a good number of them and often the seller will throw in an offer. Right now I have the oldie 1/81 scale Revell Martin B-57B Intruder. I haven’t done that kit since I was about 10, 11, or 12. Listed price is $29.75 plus $9.10 s&h. Let’s see what the seller offer me on my watch list.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Re: eBay...

Post by LyleW »

I really don’t recall all the kits I built as a youn ‘un. But, many of gnoses I di recall, I have gotten, the old box scale stuff. Looking for a couple of ‘74 Pintos, one a hatchback. I was also a sucker for those monogram kits with all the moveable stuff.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Heh.... who remembers the Snap together Goodyear Blimp where you can make your own signs? I remember it had a little motor that uses batteries to light it up. I believe my sister did that one as a kid. There are a couple out on eBay for $80.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I've been looking for the Tom Daniel Street Cleaner for some time. First kit I ever built back when I was 7.
Thanks,
John
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Mostly those most interesting subjects are on the "wrong" side of the pond or the channel, therefore the delivery costs are crazy or in some cases absurd :headslap:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Not really a kit collector in that sense,but for fun I have looked up some of the great toys I had from the 60's. Original GI Joe's, plastic soldiers,Kenner Building sets,action sets like Fort Apache, but just to look.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Oooh, I had a Fort Apache set! :grin: And also a Dodge City pressed-metal, block of storefronts, including lampposts, hitching rails, etc. I remember giving all my toy soldier stuff to a younger cousin, after I was "too old" to care anymore. He hauled off a huge cardboard box of army stuff...man, I wish I hadn't done that. Because now, I'm "old enough" to remember and care... :sad:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Heh.... who remembers the Snap together Goodyear Blimp where you can make your own signs? I remember it had a little motor that uses batteries to light it up. I believe my sister did that one as a kid. There are a couple out on eBay for $80.
I have one of those already built and on my shelf. I completed it some ten years ago or so.It is cool!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I was thinking of you Mark when Tom mentioned that kit. Didn’t you get that Goodyear Blimp kit at one of the IPMS auctions? That’s what I seem to recall… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Occasionally I will peruse the older kits and have splurged on a couple when they were reissued. Generally I pass on them in favor of newer releases though given the limited time I have for building now.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"

Return to “Modeling Discussion”