Montex Mustang Masks

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Montex Mustang Masks

Post by scorpiomikey »

So ive been looking at the montex masks lately for my 2 mustangs.
They have options for bodneys blue noses and the 361st (the 2 schemes im doing) however neither of these sets shows me what masks actually come with the set. Is it just the generic markings? (Star and bar etc) or is it the full shebang? Curve masks for the nose (I can never get that right), star and bars, serial codes etc etc.
If its the former ill just order 1 set, if its the later ill get both.
Has anyone used either of these? Or one similar and can they tell me whats included? Theyre the ones that come with the decals too (which i wont use since they're for the wrong aircraft).
Thanks guys.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
jkim
Elite Member

Re: Montex Mustang Masks

Post by jkim »

Take a look at the Montex website...

http://www.montex-mask.com/en/ofertaSho ... _mask_1_48

They show the actual masks included with each set...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I have got to try those masks sometime… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

jkim wrote:Take a look at the Montex website...

They show the actual masks included with each set...
All i get for the one im after is this.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Based on their other masks for the 1/48 Tamiya P-51D kit...

you could make a reasonable guess as to what the sheet you are interested in contains. Insignias - yes, codes and serial numbers - yes, large logos - yes, curved masks for the nose - probably not. Just a guess though.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Thanks John.
Ill just order the one then. No point in ordering 2 if its just going to give me the same thing.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”