The importance of cleanliness: Declan's Bench

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stikpusher

Re: The importance of cleanliness

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote: The star fleet is impressive!
Needs a Borg cube :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Medicman71 wrote:Very nice displays! But that desk......my OCD can't handle that. :whiteflag:
Same lol. I always clean my bench, spray booth after every project. It's gotten so bad for my ocd before that I've stopped in the middle of doing something just to organize.

I really like your display area you have completed a lot more compared to what you have shown us.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Cleanliness at the bench? Ain’t got time for that. :tease:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Stikpusher wrote:
keavdog wrote: The star fleet is impressive!
Needs a Borg cube :whistle:
I would love one, and in fact I am making one.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is cool! I know of someone who did one out of spare parts and sprue frames. It was amazing!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Well... I did that on a base of foam. It has been in the works for a little over a year because I keep losing interest...
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I'm not going to fib. That does give me a start Declan. But there is a secret to a clean bench. Models come out better when you are organized and thoughtful about each step you take. My bench can get a tad cluttered, but when it does I will step back when I feel constrained by it. I'll assess it all and straighten up. Then, when I get back to it it's almost like cracking the kit for the first time again. Everything is where it should be and I can then go about working on it knowing the area is clean [including my hands. I am fastidious about clean hands when working on models].

And this is a big deal to me. When I think about approaching the bench first thing I do is hit the bathroom and wash my hands well.

Before I sit I take stock of where I was and what I want to accomplish next. It takes mere moments but it makes all the difference for me. Call it OCD if you like. I prefer to call it being methodical.

NICE displays BTW. Very cool...
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Oops....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Dragline wrote:I'm not going to fib. That does give me a start Declan. But there is a secret to a clean bench. Models come out better when you are organized and thoughtful about each step you take. My bench can get a tad cluttered, but when it does I will step back when I feel constrained by it. I'll assess it all and straighten up. Then, when I get back to it it's almost like cracking the kit for the first time again. Everything is where it should be and I can then go about working on it knowing the area is clean [including my hands. I am fastidious about clean hands when working on models].

And this is a big deal to me. When I think about approaching the bench first thing I do is hit the bathroom and wash my hands well.

Before I sit I take stock of where I was and what I want to accomplish next. It takes mere moments but it makes all the difference for me. Call it OCD if you like. I prefer to call it being methodical.

NICE displays BTW. Very cool...
I get the urge to clean. Just at the moment I took that picture, I had a few things going on, and my sense of tidyness has all but gone out the window.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

My problem is space.... cramped space but it’s doable. I need to get another 45 gallon tub with locking lid to store my car kit stash that’s grown within the year. I don’t want to leave them in cardboard boxes any longer.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Member's Gallery”