Man Room Meanderings

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Jeeves
Master Member

Re: Man Room Meanderings

Post by Jeeves »

Thanks guys! Great to have my shop back-- lots of kits to build to fill these up with!
Mike
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Spent the morning riding my bike in the battlefield and felt inspired to work on terrain. First up is the base for the FT-17...

After that was more work on the base for the b&w/color diorama... quite happy with the color side based on the reference pic I'm using...

And the brick on the b&w seems a bit blah...might do the stucco halfway up like the reference pic...
Mike
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This is truly magnificent work! So realistic looking I'm looking forward to seeing these with vehicles on them.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Great work on those stands Mike! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Wouh, nice Mike!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Thanks guys! Going to be 95+ in the Man Room today so I'll be hanging out elsewhere ;)
Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

95 degrees indoors?! Yikes!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Nope outside, but even at 80, it gets real uncomfortable up there...
Mike
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Heh... I live in Utica, NY and by 10 this morning, it was already 84 degrees with high humidity. Good thing I was painting the cellar today. Nice and cool down there. :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Been working when I can on my two dioramas (vignettes?)...I'll be glad when summer starts Friday afternoon and I can take more time in the shop.

Worked on the brick side...I know Kilroy was pretty much an American GI thing so after doing some research, I found that in WWI, the Aussies had pretty much the first iteration of the theme with Foo- which might stand for Forward Observation Officer? Either way, I liked the idea of having a remnant of the Great War in this piece...still will add more to the wall but it's a start.

On the color side, I figured handpainting a Libyan flag piece from an online photo I came across would make for more color...still have graffiti to add but I'm pretty happy with it.

Also worked on the FT-17 base a bit more...

And planning out my summer project as this week will soon come to an end as will my 20th year of teaching ;)

Mike

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”