Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:Today I got my kit for the Never have I built GB. Minicraft Beechcraft Bonanza. Looks simple but fun. I would post pictures, but I no longer have a camera to work with... THAT in of itself is a work in progress. :bored:
That sucks - do you know have a phone or tablet? (hell, even a Kindle has a camera?)

If not you could always just get an old compact - this is the one I take most of my WIP shots with...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224618013427 ... %3A2334524
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

A phone? I have a flip phone... and no tablet. BUT I think there is an old camera sort of like the one you posted hiding in the house somewhere. Trouble is, we just moved so who knows where it is
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

is this the kit you have? If so, I can do some sprue shots and such for you...

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ah man - I love V-tail Bonanza's, I always hoped to work on one when I was an engineer but never got the opportunity!

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sweet! I built a 1/72 scale one of those. V-tails.Cool aircraft! I built mine because my brother was planning on buying one when He graduated college and passed the bar for Aviation Law. He died before he could realize those plans.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Man that is sad - sorry to hear that Duke!

jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Somewhere I have a photo I took of the 10,000th V-tail Bonanza. It toured all the dealerships and I was working at one as a salesman at the time. I am pretty sure I have flown every model of the Bonanza that was built through the B-36TC. All fine airplanes, I preferred the A-36 version.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stuart wrote:Man that is sad - sorry to hear that Duke!

Thanks Stuart. It's been many years now so the pain is diminished somewhat. I built the Cessna 172 that he trained in and solo'd in, as well as the Beechcraft V-tail he wanted.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

LyleW wrote:is this the kit you have? If so, I can do some sprue shots and such for you...

I appreciate that offer! But I got a new camera today, so it is no longer an issue
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I don’t. Know why, but it was 40% pff!

This could be fun.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”