Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

tempestjohnny wrote:
jeaton01 wrote:Those will be fun, each and every one. Great kits!
The Spitfire and one of the Hellcats are missing instructions which is no big deal. Sold those to me for $10 each
I have those three in different boxings, let me know if you need a copy of the instructions.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

But I don't see any pointy nose things. :sad:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Hasegawa's stock price went up dramatically on Friday. Somebody know the reason? :giggles:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Medicman71 wrote:But I don't see any pointy nose things. :sad:
Yeah all he had was WWII stuff
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yesterday, I went to the IPMS Syrcon Scale Model Show 2021; the first time they resumed the show in 2 years. Good crowds and lots of vendors. I bought 6 raffle tickets for $5 and scored 3 out of 6 numbers called. So here they are in order:

Raffle #1- Not my cup of tea but am willing to part with it on a trade.

Raffle #2 - I have no use for these but if Carlos or anyone wants them, let me know. I'm up for a small trade of sorts.

Raffle #3 - Finally something I can live with. I've been wanting to get a Kingfisher for some time now. This one includes PE parts. :lashed:

Now my purchases:

Yellow Line Firestone tires, Slicks and a driver with 3 different heads - street and racer. I'll use it on one of my dragster kits. Got these for $10

Baldwin Motion Camaro; $22 - I finally redeemed myself buying a sealed kit this time.

P-3C Orion - $35 but I got it for $25 because the vendor has been watching me looking at it about 4 or 5 times. He made it worth my while. I've been wanting to get another P-3 Orion for a long time.

B-52G Stratofortress 1/200 scale; $15 I'm almost positive this was the same kit that was ripped off from me back in '99. This one included Rome Griffiss AFB tail markings.

I did this one a long time ago but this one is 1/72 scale. I've done the Monogram 1/48 scale P-38 Lightning but didn't find one there. This one I'm doing in place of the horrible Revell P-61 Black Widow kit. Go tthis one for $7 instead of $10. Decals were partially used.

Not a model kit but a book. I've seen this advertised in one of the UK magazine publication a few years ago. Got this one for $8. It's about a German POW captured by the Russians during the Battle of Stalingrad.

I will post pics of model kit entries later.
Last edited by BlackSheep214 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice haul. The Orion and Kingfisher are on my wish list. Book looks interesting. After reading Antony Beevor's books Stalingrad and The Fall Of Berlin - I surely would not want to be a German POW in Russia!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

God, no. Especially during the Russian harsh winters. After Hitler invaded the Mother Country by surprise, surely they had reasons to hate them even more.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Got a Tamiya 1/35 M48A3 Patton today. Check my build for more details, I didn't take a picture of the box.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s a nice kit! You’ll like it.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Nice haul Tom. I really like the Orion. I have a couple of Neptune kits but not that one. On my wishlist

Declan you bought a target..... :lashed:

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”