Post by Stuart »

Got this today - sent from a friend.

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Post by keavdog »

Oh cool. Tiger meet bird. How are those paints and glue?
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Glue is good. Brushes decent. Paint :headbang:
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Picked my Hobby Boss jackal up yesterday. For those have read reviews you will know there is an issue with this kit just looking at the box. Despite it saying jackal 1, the image on the box and the kit inside is a Jackal 2. But no fear, for those like me who want a Jackal 1 as well, there forthcoming Jackal 2 kit is actually a Jackal 1. Less just hope they get the Coyote right.

These sorts of errors seem to be common on kits from Chienese companies of modern British subjects. I've now seen it from Takom, Meng and Hobby Boss all making mistakes which could be avoided with a bit of research. But this time it seems to have been noticed by those doing the reviews.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice score Bish. Sounds typical of the Chinese model companies though. They bone up the details but still expect you to pay an arm and leg for their kits.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

I've found the details to be superb, it seems to me that they add details but they don't know what the stuff is for. I noticed that on the Takom 432 and meng Huskey. It seems they just build kits from images but don't do any research. But then for those of us into modern British vehicles, we have to take what we can get. And i don't think most people even notice because there is not that much info out there on British vehicles.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Nice score Martin! Maybe there is a few issues, but at least you have one you could build. I was so thrilled and excited to see one of these released by Airfix... until I saw they were doing it in 1/48 scale! Man that fried me! All the 1/72 scale releases were WWII vehicles; when they finally did a more modern (and modern British vehicle!) they scaled it up instead! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Looking forward to seeing this come together!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Looking at the kit, it looks superb. haveing gone through the instructions, i can't see anything wrong with what they have put in there and i can't se anything they have missed. From what i can tell, the only issue is the name on the box, so can't complain to much about that.

I'm not sure why Airfix didn't just go straigt for 35th scale, though the 48th kit does look pretty good when built up. Thoug i imagine it would be hard to fill it with any stowage.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Mail Call !!! This came in the mail from Clint on a trade...

Now I can build it as USS Wadleigh, the ship my dad was stationed on when he was in the Navy during the 50s.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s a beautiful kit Tom. You’re gonna love it. But if you’re going to build it in a 50’s fitting, you’ll need to get some different parts, such as the AA guns and radars.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”