Yes, I'm not around much... For now...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Re: Yes, I'm not around much... For now...

Post by Dragline »

Thanks One And All!

you guys sure know how to make a guy feel missed. I appreciate every last word. I'm sure others here have had it harder than me and while we all have to go through things in our own lives it's knowing this wonderful group is here if I need an ear.

Thanks for the ear offer Lyle. I may take you up on it. As for long lost cousins and the like swooping in, man that is a real bummer. Blacksheep seems to know exactly what I'm talking about. That entire thing just must have sucked so bad. You came out the other side alright, but vultures will be vultures.

Had my dad had a will much of this would have been avoided. The legal costs are minimal so as we move forward with it all I am confident I and mine will see a bigger pay day than we first thought. It seems the market is a sellers at this point in time.

Thanks guy, you put a smile on my face. Now back to those boxes....

Bob
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hey man, you take the time you need to do what you need to do! This place isn't going anywhere, and while I haven't enough experience yet, I would bet money to say that everyone will be excited for your (hopefully spectacular) return! As said multiple times by everyone else, I sure am sorry to hear about how rough things have been for you. But that's whats great about this hobby, it doesn't actually blend with reality (unless it's your wallet). You can build from your imagination, or your dreams, and if that's what makes you happy you gotta do it.
I sympathize with living surrounded by boxes. I may be young but I have already moved around 7 times in my life, so I totally get the feeling of clutter and isolation that cardboard monstrosity is. I hope my purchasing of your kits helps in some way, and I encourage everyone here to take another looks through the pictures you posted. There are a few gems in there that are screaming for someone to catch them!
Good luck Bob, everyone is here for you when you are ready
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Bob. I can't add to what's already been said. But can't wait for your return to this nuthouse
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Family fueding drama, especially regarding aging parents and their estates is never any fun. Been there/done that. It’s good to hear that you’re hanging in there, no matter what your current situation is. At least you’re alive & kicking, which beats the alternative.
Take care of your business and we will be around when life lets up enough for you to get some hobby time again.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

Thanks Gents...

Declan, your package is being weighed and the shipping estimate will be on the way.

You are all very good to me. Better than some in my own family. I guess that makes you all family

Bob
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

As the old saying goes- you can choose your friends, but you can’t choose your family.

The rough times will pass Bob. They always do.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

Thanks Stik...
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:As the old saying goes- you can choose your friends, but you can’t choose your family.
Yep, that's why I've not seen mine in 20 years...

I'm sorry to hear of all the troubles you're having Bob, families really do suck sometimes. As Stik said though, these rough times do pass -'I just its sooner rather than later.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

Yep, that's why I've not seen mine in 20 years...

I'm sorry to hear of all the troubles you're having Bob, families really do suck sometimes. As Stik said though, these rough times do pass -'I just its sooner rather than later.[/quote]

Amen to that brother. It's all going to work out sooner than later. The lawyer got a hold of me and gave me some very good news today. The buyer is willing to pay more than asking price [this seems to be a thing these days], just to secure the property. Houses in my area rarely go up for sale and when they do it is usually a private sale. Ours will also be a private sale. The price is also very much more than we expected for certain.

Looks like packing all those boxes was a wise idea.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Sounds like great news
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Free Discussion”