Hurricane Ian is here

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Re: Hurricane Ian is here

Post by scorpiomikey »

Thats great to hear.
Do we have any other floridians in the house?
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Glad to hear you're safe
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Good news glad you came thru
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

scorpiomikey wrote:Thats great to hear.
Do we have any other floridians in the house?
I'm a former one here; been through about nine hurricanes... and one typhoon. My sister Marie lives in Vero Beach area; she was keeping us updated with cell photos and other news as things happened. She came through it fine.

I also have my mother, three sisters and some nieces and nephews living in the panhandle and there are subject to Hurricanes as well.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Glad to hear theyre ok too Duke. Its a scary thing watching loved ones go through a natural disaster and not being able to do anything about it.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

keavdog wrote:Great news TJ. Did you deliver mail yesterday :giggles:
The P.O was shut down for the area on Wednesday and Thursday. Went in today. There is nothing to deliver.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

The pics of the destruction are horrible. I've seen it here before several times but it's still sad to look at. Looks like the Daytona 500 may be in jeopardy unless they can fix the track.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote:The pics of the destruction are horrible. I've seen it here before several times but it's still sad to look at. Looks like the Daytona 500 may be in jeopardy unless they can fix the track.
While that is undoubtably important to some folks, I hope that they are concentrating on restoring more critical infrastructure for the folks everyday existence as the top priority. Leisure time activities can be restored later.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote:
Medicman71 wrote:The pics of the destruction are horrible. I've seen it here before several times but it's still sad to look at. Looks like the Daytona 500 may be in jeopardy unless they can fix the track.
While that is undoubtably important to some folks, I hope that they are concentrating on restoring more critical infrastructure for the folks everyday existence as the top priority. Leisure time activities can be restored later.
Well of course they are. That's a stupid comment.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Really?! No offense, but I’d say worrying about a race in a disaster zone is a bit more so. And I can just picture some fool politician(s) diverting resources to get the raceway up and running for a date deadline.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”