Taking some time off.

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
mustang1989

Re: Taking some time off.

Post by mustang1989 »

I don't know a whole lot about the guitars but these stories are fun to read through.

Missed opportunities for me was passing up a 1969 Charger R/T in the mid 80's for $2000 or a 68 Charger R/T for $3000. Both had 440's in 'em.....69 was an automatic and the 68 was a 4spd. .....and I HAD the frickin' MONEY!!!! What a dumb A$$ for passing them both up. :headslap:
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

I bought my 1973 Gibson SG from a guy whose wife was making him part with most of his gear due to a up and coming birth of a child. I talked him down to $250. I have worn the frets off of it for the most part. My 74 Gibson Les Paul I scored for $275.... you just never know when opportunity will knock.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I'm a big Chevy guy. I was never much into Ford's because they were costly to build. There is only one Ford that I absolutely love and that's a 67/68 fastback Mustang. In the mid 80's I was buying Harley Davidsons. Especially old ones. At one point I had 2 Panheads [a 58 and a 60] along with a newer shovel.

I was buying all I could at bargain basement prices [if I could]. I had just bought the 60 when I was offered a 68 Mustang GT, 390 four speed in Highland Green! It was a runner with straight panels and minimum scars. It was so solid but at 2,800.00 bucks that I didn't have it may as well have been a million. At that time I also had a Pro Street 71 Vega that was eating me out of house and home. Within a year I would sell all the bikes, the Vega and a guitar so I could buy a house. I never bought the house due to me and my gal breaking up, and I lost interest in bikes for the next decade or so. It was a strange time in my life. After all is said and done I'm down to one bike. My 1985 H-D FLH. Last of the Shovelheads. This is serial number 002, it was my late Uncle Alex' bike that he bought new. My Aunt Claire offered it to me when she moved to Florida. I didn't get a super deal on it but it is a rather sought after machine. Here I am putting it away for the winter 5 years ago. Dad took the picture after I put all the bags and crap back on it. When it is riding season all that stuff comes off and gets put up.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Nice bike! I landed my 1973 Cuda 340/4 spd when I was 18 for $1000,, I still have her today. I'm hopeful to start a body restore on her before I die, I want to fix the rust and make it the correct B5 Blue color with a white vinyl roof again

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

When I was 17 I got a 71 with a built 318. Dumbass me sold it later. Oh I wish I knew then what I know now
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Too early old, too late smart. We all suffer from that malady.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Heh... I'm still looking for a 1964 Dodge Dart myself. That was my first car I owned for a short time. Alas... money, time and space are non existent. Oh well, until I win me some F*** you money, money won't be an issue. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I sold my 79 Z-28 right after I got the motor running good, I was going to start working on the body next I had the floor pans cut out and was ready to weld in the new ones. Then I got a good offer on it and needed money to finish remodeling the house so sold it.

Only photo I have of her now the day I got her.
It had a sweet Holly street avenger double pumper on it when I bought it, when I sold it I kept that it will go on something someday.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

LyleW wrote:Too early old, too late smart. We all suffer from that malady.
The old adage. "If I knew then what I know now".

Lotsa great stories and cars here. That Cuda is a stunner as is.

There was this total fox I was banging around on back in the day. Pam Babino, SMOKINN....Coulda been Penthouse/Playboy easy. She had a 79 Z in light blue. It was a dog when she had it but we would cruise it all the time. Great car. I put a LOT of gas into that thing.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Floki wrote:I sold my 79 Z-28 right after I got the motor running good, I was going to start working on the body next I had the floor pans cut out and was ready to weld in the new ones. Then I got a good offer on it and needed money to finish remodeling the house so sold it.

Only photo I have of her now the day I got her.
It had a sweet Holly street avenger double pumper on it when I bought it, when I sold it I kept that it will go on something someday.
LOVE the 79! :wub:
We had a 78. It was complete trash, but I loved it.
It got to the point that I was afraid to drive it...couldn't afford to fix all it's issue's, so I unloaded it.
That thing was a mess...but I do miss it.
If ever I were so inclined to get a "fun car"...I'd go 79 Z-28.
I am not a car guy, so it's highly unlikely that it'll ever happen.

Return to “Free Discussion”