Banned again....

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Banned again....

Post by Duke Maddog »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Tojo... don't you know we're all the holy ones here on SPAM? Lyle is our Pope.
Oh that comment is a scream! LOL! I love it!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Right. Pope Scicola.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Still being monitored. No time frame given. If I didn't have friends there..... I know I won't resubscribe.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

No surprise. I was monitored like forever then I told them to ban me. The second time around, I was banned without explanation.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

midnightprowler wrote:Still being monitored. No time frame given. If I didn't have friends there..... I know I won't resubscribe.
Me neither. Nor will I buy their mag from a store. FSM got their last dollar out of me several years back. If it wasn’t for a few old friends there, I’d be gone as well.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Bring them here...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Will do what I can.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I've been reading this very interesting thread. I enjoyed everyone's contributions. I have a FSM story too. Several years ago, I was insulted by a guy there. After his insult, he said if I needed more info, just PM him. It made me mad and as I had gotten quite tired of this person's behavior, I replied to him, in the thread, "f*ck you". Yeah. Good ol' Texas directness. :lol: Then I followed that up with the PM he wanted and it made my in thread comment seem tame by comparison. Then I reported his insults. :wink:

Well, he then posted my PM in the thread. Yeah. Cute of him. We were both banned I believe (I know I was!). Fast forward a few years and I wanted to get some information from my PM folder. I sent Aaron Skinner an email, asking if I could be allowed in long enough to do that, without posting anything in forum. He replied that if I told him what I wanted he would get it. No, I didn't like that. All this time though, I was constantly getting emails asking me to subscribe to their rag again. Well, again I emailed Skinner. This time I offered him a deal; if he would unban me, I would consider renewing my subscription to his magazine. I never received an answer. :grin:

Oh well. Life has gone on for ol' GB and as for FSM? Who needs that? :lol:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So THAT is why I hadn’t seen you there in awhile… :hmm:

I have a feeling that FSM won’t be around for that much longer. At least as a magazine. And once that folds, the website will be gone shortly after.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Yeah, they shunned me. :lol: I had a subscription to FSM for many years and they were very helpful when I was just getting started back into model building. It was in the first FSM magazine that I saw my first just amazing model plane. The issue was January 1989. It was Bob Steinbrun's YP-80A, one of the four planes that went to Europe just before the war ended, based on the Monogram F-80 1/48 it. It blew me away and I realized then what fine scale modeling meant.

But after several years, maybe 10 or more, I began to see that so much of each issue was sort of recycled info. Probably still helpful to some but not much was relevant to my needs and then along came the internet and it seemed like I didn't need the magazine that much anymore. I still have them all, in boxes under my corner area and I can't remember when I needed something bad enough to dig through them. And, my wife gifted me their CD-ROM compiling every issue, further rendering the paper copies redundant.

Oh, by the way, here are a few pics of that inspiring model just to show how nice it was. I believe a member at iModeler now owns that model and he kindly sent the pics to me.

He did some extensive work like moving the cockpit back a scale 9" to replicate the YP-80. It all seemed almost like "magic" to this novice modeler and it really began the journey I'm still on today. :grin:

Return to “Free Discussion”