GERONIMO!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: GERONIMO!

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Stuart I have 30 jumps. More than a few, but not a whole lot. And yes, the ride down is quite nice, with quite a view. The big challenges are exit, depending upon aircraft type, and landing. :giggles:
That's pretty cool Carlos!

I can imagine landing with all that gear on uneven ground could be interesting - I'm not sure I'd want to do it at night! As for exiting, I worked with a chap that had (so he said) done a few jumps out of the back of a Bronco - apparently that was an interesting exit.
Stikpusher wrote:I’d also love to do the glider/sailplane flight, and fly in an open cockpit biplane. Although that might not be too different than flying in the open door of a helicopter, aside from the direction one is seated facing. I’d also like to do the high performance jet fighter aircraft flight. Looking online, there are some of those available here and there around the world, but they’re not cheap.
I can tick off gliders as I used to work for a club, I've also flown in a WWII vintage Tigermoth which was wonderful. A helo ride, especially in something like a Huey would be awesome.

You used to be able to pay to fly in a few ex-soviet types in various parts of eastern Europe back in the 90's, certainly I read an article about a chap who had a ride to the edge of space in a Mig - I dread to think how much it cost though.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”