Awful Quiet in here

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: Awful Quiet in here

Post by Stikpusher »

$48 for a box of 50 .380 rounds... that is terrible! I will be so glad when this ammo shortage passes. Which won’t be anytime soon.
But $200 for a 12 Gauge sounds more than reasonable. If you’re planning on using it for home defense purposes I’ll recommend based upon personal and professional training and experience to use #4 or .00 Buckshot.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Yes my schedule sucks but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. At least I have a job and a good paying one at that. As the saying goes, "I'll sleep when I'm dead".
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Ain't that the truth, not all of us can be lucky and retire right now lol

$48 a box I hope they are hollow points at that price
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:$48 for a box of 50 .380 rounds... that is terrible! I will be so glad when this ammo shortage passes. Which won’t be anytime soon.
But $200 for a 12 Gauge sounds more than reasonable. If you’re planning on using it for home defense purposes I’ll recommend based upon personal and professional training and experience to use #4 or .00 Buckshot.
Haven’t gotten any 00 yet, but that is on my list. With an 18.5” barrel is os designed for home defense. That is its primary purpose.

The .380 ammo has always seemed more expensive. I recal it was about twice the 9mm when I got mine in 2016. But, it is crazy now.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Man you guys live in a scary country! Most people over here wouldn't have one in the house - let alone consider 'home defence' :wow:

Mind you, we do have at least 5 swords, one Viking axe and three Longbows in the house... :hmm:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s better to have and not need than need and not have, Stuart. Odds are that a home defense weapon will never be used for its intended purpose. But if it comes down to it, the professionals, can be several to many score minutes away when seconds can mean the difference between life and death. The country itself is not scary, but some of the folks who live here are. Self reliance is a classic American cultural trait.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

And going shooting is a pretty fun thing to do. What's the pull on the longbow?
Thanks,
John
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Stikpusher wrote:It’s better to have and not need than need and not have, Stuart. Odds are that a home defense weapon will never be used for its intended purpose. But if it comes down to it, the professionals, can be several to many score minutes away when seconds can mean the difference between life and death. The country itself is not scary, but some of the folks who live here are. Self reliance is a classic American cultural trait.
I had a break in several years ago, while I was home.
I'll skip the details...but they were disarmed(knives) and on the floor, without me having pull the trigger.
The police station is less than 2 miles(by road) from my home....it took 17 minutes for them to get here.

I have never purchased a firearm for "home defense". They've all been for putting meat on the table, with one exception, and the one used in this instance...it was purchased for "sport"...and keeping my skills sharp, economically!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:It’s better to have and not need than need and not have, Stuart. Odds are that a home defense weapon will never be used for its intended purpose. But if it comes down to it, the professionals, can be several to many score minutes away when seconds can mean the difference between life and death. The country itself is not scary, but some of the folks who live here are. Self reliance is a classic American cultural trait.
That all sounds very true Carlos sadly - I dare say if I lived over there I'd want something to hand too if push came to shove. Nothing wrong with a good bit of self reliance though, the last year has shown the benefit of that - being a bit off -grid is very appealing.
keavdog wrote:And going shooting is a pretty fun thing to do. What's the pull on the longbow?

I dare say it is actually, I've never done any shooting myself (other than a .177 air rifle years ago) but I suspect I'd enjoy it if I had a go - I enjoy the archery. Our bows aren't very big, maybe 30-40lbs draw. Certainly deadly out to 50-60ft I'd say, but I've actually shot (for a laugh) it to about 200, just to see how far it's go.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well, I just found this Thread. I have also been busy; having done a couple jobs this past week. Most of the time, I check these boards in the morning to start my day. Lately I haven't been able to. I barely had time to post my latest progress this past week.

Things are gonna be pretty busy for me this coming weekend again, but God willing; I'll have more to post next week.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”