Strange times...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Strange times...

Post by LyleW »

midnightprowler wrote:Very saddened to hear this. I feel good health care is getting harder to find. I went in for a physical last year, new doctor, my doctor who was quite good was no longer there, seems the good ones end up gone, I'm a type 2 diabetic, no check of the glands around my neck, no check of reflexes, no check of the feeling in my feet, always a diabetic check, no prostrate exam, not that I like it, but necessary at my age. He didn't spend 10 minutes with me. My prayers are with you. Keep us posted.

Gentlemen, thank you for the well wishes. Means a lot. Well actually, plethora means “a lot”, but I do appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

MP, I am also a type 2 sort of god. Have been for a long time. My appt today is supposed to be a diabetes check. He may check my feet, but that’s about it. I think that insurance plays too much of a role in this. Limits what they can do.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Hope everything turns out well Lyle
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Best wishes on a proper diagnosis and recovery
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, gutsy.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Best wishes to you and Pam, Lyle - really sorry to hear of her health issues and I wish her the speediest of recoveries. Man I hope you can sort out some better health care too!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Had a good chat with the doc. Overall, we are happy enough with him. Told tha, yes he had seen the report. But, it was listed as “chronic” which in dr. Speak means it occurred some tome ago, not in early May, but they can’t say when. We are going to a neurologist as soon as we can get in. Doc is marking the referral as “urgent” so we can get in sooner. So, apparently, the current symptoms and this event are not connected. Go figure.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Sorry to hear of these issues Lyle. Good luck going forward. Btw, type II here as well, with blood pressure issues too, among others. Meds? To quote The Clash, "I'm so pilled up that I rattle." :lol:

Yeah, I have some doctor stories too. :wink:
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

You guys are in my prayers Lyle.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

LyleW wrote:
midnightprowler wrote:Very saddened to hear this. I feel good health care is getting harder to find. I went in for a physical last year, new doctor, my doctor who was quite good was no longer there, seems the good ones end up gone, I'm a type 2 diabetic, no check of the glands around my neck, no check of reflexes, no check of the feeling in my feet, always a diabetic check, no prostrate exam, not that I like it, but necessary at my age. He didn't spend 10 minutes with me. My prayers are with you. Keep us posted.

Gentlemen, thank you for the well wishes. Means a lot. Well actually, plethora means “a lot”, but I do appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

MP, I am also a type 2 sort of god. Have been for a long time. My appt today is supposed to be a diabetes check. He may check my feet, but that’s about it. I think that insurance plays too much of a role in this. Limits what they can do.
Maybe but I had been seeing my doctor until he left the clinic, never had a physical from him like the one I had last fall. No point in going if that's all that's going to be done. Complete waste of time.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

Having watched Mum's have a stroke right in front of me I can sympathize a great deal Lyle. But the entire thing sounds wrong. They should have given her medication immediately. The test is simple to administer by any competent RN. I'd be supremely pissed and I imagine under it all you are.

I sincerely hope there are no long term ramifications my brother. All my best.

Bob
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...

Return to “Free Discussion”