Coffee drinkers out there?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Coffee drinkers out there?

Post by LyleW »

Gary Brantley wrote:One addendum for all you black coffee drinkers; I discovered years ago the the combined taste of good black coffee with Chili Cheese Fritos is just amazing! Really. :lol: In fact, I just had a bowl full of those delightful snacks with my coffee this morning for breakfast! When teaching, I turned on several faculty members and a few students to that fact! :grin: Enjoy!
“C’mere honey! Pull my finger.”
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote:“C’mere honey! Pull my finger.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:
KSaarni wrote:I'm not so picky, as long as the coffee is black; e.g. no sugar, no milk, just pure coffee

- Kari
Kari, have you ever tried Turkish or Bosnian coffee? It makes Espresso taste weak… :shocked:
Many years ago, I went to Istanbul on a business trip. That was the only time my mother ever asked me to bring her something...Turkish coffee. I was told it was nothing particularly special about it, just a dark roast and very finely ground. She loved it. Oh, she did expect a post card from wherever I was, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Stikpusher wrote:
KSaarni wrote:I'm not so picky, as long as the coffee is black; e.g. no sugar, no milk, just pure coffee

- Kari
Kari, have you ever tried Turkish or Bosnian coffee? It makes Espresso taste weak… :shocked:
My wife and I did a missions trip to Bosnia for two weeks...coffee is THE social drink there and I learned how to make it....bought one of the silver sets to make it in a market...it certainly is strong but a unique taste.
Mike
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I am in love with coffee like many here and the OP. I have a Black & Decker carafe style drip maker. It has no heating element but the insulated carafe does a great job at keeping the brew plenty hot for a couple of hours. I usually consume it long before getting cold will ever be an issue.

I like Starbucks brand beans and use them pretty exclusively. Being on a strict Keto diet has made sugar a thing of the past for me. I usually use heavy cream and a little butter in my cup now. I don't miss sugar at all.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Sounds like the one we have.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Heavy cream and butter.. interesting..... :hmm:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

At first it seemed weird, but now I miss the butter if I don't use it. I never had much of a sweet tooth and that is helping my win this little fight I'm in about control over my body fat and other concerns.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

My hometown has a long coffee tradition that goes back to the old trading connections to the Ottoman Empire. We have many small private owned roasting plants and coffe houses. I like to try rare coffees like the one that's made from "Elephant Beans". Since the big brands own like 99% of the world market the farmers are forced to produce beans in a size that fit the mills of Starfucks and the other few extortioners. That also forced a lot of coffee breeds to extinction, because all they sell anymore is Arabica. But I'm getting political here.
I drink my coffe fresh and strong out of a french press with a tad of milk. Don't talk to me before my first cup in the morning. :mrgreen:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

mostrich wrote:Don't talk to me before my first cup in the morning. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that..... LOLOLOL! I’m grumpy most mornings until I get that first shot or two of caffeine. :giggles:

Return to “Free Discussion”