Well, lookin here! We have a birthday boy.

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: Well, lookin here! We have a birthday boy.

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, Brent, John, John, and Mike, thank you for the birthday greetings, belated or not. I do appreciate them!
And to Tom and the rest who asked, no models were acquired, at least not as gifts. I did get a discounted price offer from the seller of a 1/48 ICM I-153 Chaika that I had been watching on eBay, so I pulled the trigger on that one. I’ll post it, once it arrives. But no models from friends or family. Three of my kids pooled in to get me a nice telescope, so now I can enjoy myself star gazing from my back yard, or perhaps at the end of one of the local roads where the street lights end. And my other kid gave me some air pods for my iPhone, so I figure that I can use those with my Spotify account, and listen to a bit of Pink Floyd for a proper star watching experience. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's really cool Carlos - a good Telescope and a little knowledge and it's amazing how much you can see. I've managed to pick up Saturn's rings and Jupiter's moons with mine. Great stuff!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Right! I can’t wait for a good clear night here. We have had some smoky skies due to wild fires the last few weeks, but it’s not too bad. I can’t wait for the next full moon!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ah the moon through a scope is cool & I bet you get pretty low light pollution where you live.

What type of scope do you have?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The brand is Solomark, something that my oldest found on Amazon. Supposedly it’s not low end, but not top of the line either.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well gee; I just found this almost a month late! What a sucky friend I am eh? A very belated Happy Birthday Carlos! I'm glad it went well and that you got some awesome new toys. Have you had any chance to look through the telescope yet?
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark! Better late than never :wink: Yes, I have used the telescope a bit, checking out the moon during its first quarter a couple of weeks ago. Awesome stuff! But with the heat and now the monsoon, I think it’s gonna be a bit before I get some good star gazing in.

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”