Absent Friends Memorial Group Build at FSM

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
mustang1989

Absent Friends Memorial Group Build at FSM

Post by mustang1989 »

Hey gang. Talked to Carlos about posting this here and we both thought it was a good idea. If anybody here knows Toshi then you know he was a great guy with ALOT of health concerns. His wife bought him all the models he wanted and he loved building models with his grandson Ezra. Unfortunately, he passed away recently. Really sucks because he was a great guy and loved his wife and grandchildren deeply. Another member, lewbud, has also passed away not long ago. That was a bummer for me as well because he chimed in on my auto builds alot and taught me a great deal. In any case, a fella named Dodgy started a group build in Toshi, Lewbud, Modelman68 and Hunter. I didn't know Modelman but I did know the other three and decided to participate. Thought I'd put the word out that there was a memorial group build in honor of all four and anyone that still posts over there is more than welcome to join in as well.

Here's the link: http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_su ... spx?page=1
LyleW
Admin

Re: Absent Friends Memorial Group Build at FSM

Post by LyleW »

A wonderful tribute. I never had any interaction with these gentlemen, but I always enjoyed Toshi’s posts. Always a gentleman.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Toshi was alot of fun and I had many opportunities to converse with him. Completely selfless guy.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Every time he posted it was if you had known him forever. Very down to earth.

Lewbud was an original member of theFAA group a scaliwag.

Hunter was 30 years old and killed in a training accident for mountain rescue. Left behind his mom and pregnant wife. His dad Jeff, who was also a FSM member, had passed a few years prior from cancer
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

tempestjohnny wrote:
mustang1989 wrote:Toshi was alot of fun and I had many opportunities to converse with him. Completely selfless guy.
Every time he posted it was if you had known him forever. Very down to earth.

Lewbud was an original member of theFAA group a scaliwag.

Hunter was 30 years old and killed in a training accident for mountain rescue. Left behind his mom and pregnant wife. His dad Jeff, who was also a FSM member, had passed a few years prior from cancer
Man Johhny.......that's right!! I was getting Hunter confused for his dad. I remember now..... Hunter stepped in as a member after his dad had passed away. I conversed with both of those guys trying to help them out and just getting to know them and both were really good people.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That's sad to hear Toshi was a great guy, Hunter was too he passed several years ago now. I didn't know the others but still a good idea to honor them
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I think Lewbud was the only familiar name in that group for me. I barely remember him though since it's been so long since I posted on or visited FSM. The others i don't think I know as their names are unfamiliar to me. Still, any loss to the community is a big one.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I saw the thread on FSM as well. I had wondered why Toshi hasn't been posting over there. I knew he and the missus had health issues. She was his rock and hers was his. He adored his grandkids especially Ezra.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Yeah ol' Tosh was as good as gold. Never had a bad word to say about anyone and brought an air of positivity to the place.

Entered the '67 Mustang into it. All four of those guys used to pop in on my auto builds from time to time.
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Thanks for the info Joe. I'm in. I'll check it out.
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley

Return to “Free Discussion”