My grandaughter Leila Grace

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

My grandaughter Leila Grace

Post by LyleW »

This is this morning before being hauled off...The shirts says, "I do all my own stunts".....

is having some reconstructive knee surgery this morning. She is nine. For years, she has had her knee caps pop out to one side. She simply stops, puts them back and goes on. The last time, they think that somehow she fractured the patella. Anyway after several doc visits, MRIs, etc., this is the temporary fix until she stops growing.

Just got this from her mom....

"They just called from the OR and they said the Dr. is starting now. They said she did great and was speaking French before she went to sleep.
That girl is a hoot!
"
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: My grandaughter Leila Grace

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Aw I hope things turn out alright with the surgery. I can sympathize with temporary fixes and such.
Good on her for just carrying on, some people let their problems become their lives. Sounds like you have one tough granddaughter!
Best wishes for the family too
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you so much. This girl came out fighting. A tiny thing, she could wear American Girl doll clothes as a newborn. Smart, stubborn, determined and not a quitter in any sense. This child absolutely hates to lose. At anything. She is special, but so are all my babies.

Oh, surgery went well, they ended up putting two screws in along with a cadaver ligament.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Wishing her all the best and a quick recovery
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you, Tony!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Hope it all goes well and she has a quick recovery.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Mike. Came through like a hero! Already home.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I feel for her. Send her positive waves and wishes for a speedy and full recovery from this procedure. I have a trick knee. Lots of fun doing he man army stuff in full battle rattle when it would pop out of place.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I can imagine. Thanks for the well wishes.
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Glad it was a quick procedure and that she is already home! That was a pretty eventful morning, what are her plans for the afternoon? :giggles:

Return to “Free Discussion”