Dangerous visitor this morning… cousin came back tonite

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Dangerous visitor this morning

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:Kari, you might want to change that… the Scorps put on a great concert live! :wink:

Oh you are referring to the critter? In all honesty, I haven’t seen too many live here. Quite a few dead ones due to our pest control measures. They are primarily nocturnal hunters unless you disturb their daytime hide sites, so that was quite a surprise to see this one out in the open after sunrise.
Apparently, KY has one scorpion species, the Devil Scorpion. Doesn't say where its habitat is, but I've not heard of anyone I know running into one. We have rattlesnakes, pigmy rattlesnakes, cottonmouths and water moccasins. . . . oh, an plenty of politicians.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote: . . . . oh, an plenty of politicians.
ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH Those are the worst!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote:Kari, you might want to change that… the Scorps put on a great concert live! :wink:
:bag: :grin:
Stikpusher wrote:Oh you are referring to the critter? In all honesty, I haven’t seen too many live here. Quite a few dead ones due to our pest control measures. They are primarily nocturnal hunters unless you disturb their daytime hide sites, so that was quite a surprise to see this one out in the open after sunrise.
They look though cool !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stuart wrote:
You think England’s politicians is worse? Come and live in the US sometimes.... :bag: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Went out scorpion hunting with the black light tonite, since another one turned up dead in the yard on Monday. Found this guy running around!

A little smaller than the one I killed the other day. I chased this one out of the yard…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
lawdog114
Master Member

Re: Dangerous visitor this morning… cousin came back tonite

Post by lawdog114 »

Oh my!...that's why I live in Northeast Ohio. Cold winters kill everything, so very little that can kill you insect-wise. One advantage I suppose. List of things that scare me (in that order):

*Spiders
*Needles
*Ghosts

I got Spiderzilla living on my back deck. If he comes inside the house he'll be a spider ghost, two of the three!
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote:Went out scorpion hunting with the black light tonite, since another one turned up dead in the yard on Monday. Found this guy running around!

A little smaller than the one I killed the other day. I chased this one out of the yard…
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Okay, don't tell Stik...every one go to his place and put some fake, glow-in-the-dark scorpions all over his driveway. ....

I had no idea they glewed (?) in the dark. Interesting.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:giggles: Now that’s something that I might think of to do to a friend…

And yeah, at night, hit them with a UV/black light and they really stand out. Their natural camouflage disappears. It’s really cool to see! :hmm:

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”