Aviation Technology Mechanics

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Aviation Technology Mechanics

Post by LyleW »

I trust this is a well thought of and accredited program....if so you should be okay.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I almost went into Aircraft Mechanic school but things just didn't work out. But I did land this sweet EMS gig that I have now.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I am an A&P although I haven't worked on a plane since 97 (was my own Cessna 150). The license never lapses but you have to work under an active A&P to become active again if you don't keep it up. I don't know anything about Canada though. I enjoyed it but left the field in 84 for the Coast Guard because the economy in 84 was crap.
Good luck to ya and I'll bet you'll get on here now and then anyway if you get in.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sooooo.... I did 3 years of Aircraft Engineering in college and worked in aircraft maintenance for the best part of 7 years before I moved over into manufacturing.

It's a good job, although like all things you get out what you put in. If I had to give you one piece of advice, get your engineering licence and as many type ratings as you can, so you can sign aircraft fit for flight - that's were all the money is.

I don't know how the system works in Canada, but when you've finished your training and get out into it - from day one I suggest you keep a daily log of all the aircraft and engine types you've worked on, what you did and the registration numbers, even get your chief to sign it - it'll help with ratings as a piece of evidence.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Stuart wrote:I don't know how the system works in Canada, but when you've finished your training and get out into it - from day one I suggest you keep a daily log of all the aircraft and engine types you've worked on, what you did and the registration numbers, even get your chief to sign it - it'll help with ratings as a piece of evidence.
That's good advice Stuart :wink:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

That sounds like a good tip Stuart! I am really not sure where I am going to take this as a career, but I have time to figure it out. I also have to figure out what transcripts they want... :headbang: They don't seem to understand that I didn't go to secondary/high school here in Nova scotia.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Welp. As luck would have it, I am not qualified for the courses. Coming from a different province, my maths classes didn't match the ones the course wants. Back to the drawing board.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Got to Be a way to get those math credits. See what is available in your area for adult continuing education. Don’t give up!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

What math do you need? I had to back pedal a bit in junior collage to get the right prerequisite math courses done. Ended up being a math major :giggles:
If it's what you want to do, put in the time/work to get them done.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.

Return to “Free Discussion”