Mrs. Keavdog

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
keavdog
Elite Member

Mrs. Keavdog

Post by keavdog »

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in September. Fortunately she caught it early and had a lumpectomy on 11/17. The genetic testing came back good and so far things look positive. She has a bunch more doctor appointments coming up and if all goes well it will be radiation and hormone therapy.
She's really tough and wants to power through this - admirable. But I will say, going through this is clearly scary and extremely disruptive to her lifestyle. We live in a remote area and it's about an hour to go anywhere and we've been to countless doctors appointments to date. The odds are in her favor but whoa - what a shit show. I feel lucky so far that it has been manageable and we just have the pending oncotype results to determine if she requires chemo on top of the rest of the treatments so we will see. It's been an education for sure. Fingers crossed hoping we continue to get relatively good news.
Thanks,
John
Handiabled
Master Member

Re: Mrs. Keavdog

Post by Handiabled »

Sending your wife my best wishes. I hope she has a treatment that is complication free. Cancer treatments in a nutshell are a buttkicker for sure. We were gut punched a couple years ago with an AML Leukemia diagnosis of my wife, The fricken world stopped during her treatment. Thankfully it was successful and she has been in remission for going on 2 years now. I still freak out when anything weird happens with her and I will probably hold my breath for a while to come. They've made great strides in treating this now and like you said early detection is the biggest key to a good outcome. You both are in our prayers
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

I will be praying for both of you and your wives.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I offer my best wishes and my type of prayers for great outcomes for both guys wives. I started to say "for both of your wives", but that didn't sound right. I assume that each of you only have one each... :lol: I find that that's quite enough. :wink:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Wow, that is a tough thing to go through! But, she has you on her side. It is good to hear things are going in the right direction, and that it was caught early. Prayers for you guys.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Glad to hear that both of your wives are healing and to the continuation of the healing.
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Hoping for a full recovery
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Sending prayers for both for a speedy recovery.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

John, my wife went through the same experience about 8 years ago, with early detection and the lumpectomy. She did radiation treatments and a took some pills for a while but escaped chemo. It sort of required a time out while we went through the process but things seem fine now. I hope you and your wife have the same or a better experience. Best wishes!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

John, I feel for you. I just got word that one of my fellow choir members has just gotten biopsy results back and she also has cancer. It's early for her too, but I will be praying for all cancer patients listed here and in my choir.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”