Currently Watching...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Currently Watching...

Post by Duke Maddog »

Operation Mincemeat was a great movie! I love watching these movies that bring to light unknown events in the war.

I recently bought the new "Dune" and finally watched it last night. Wow! What an epic movie! Looking forwards to the second half.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I'll have to look Mincemeat up. I've been going through the old war library. Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Saving Private Ryan, The Big Red 1, Fury, Greyhound, The Beast, Lighthorsemen...
And the garage - Ford Vs Ferrari and Rush ...

Kinda been cycling over these.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

All of those are great movies! I am not familiar with Lighthorsemen though... :hmm:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That’s a really good one. Australian cavalry charge at Beersheba WWI with a bit of romance
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

My guilty pleasure show I'm currently watching on Netflix.... Big Timber. Finally Season 2 came out.
I did watch Pearl Harbor Hour by Hour docuseries last weekend. Very good and well put together.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:All of those are great movies! I am not familiar with Lighthorsemen though... :hmm:
It’s a good companion piece to Lawrence of Arabia. Another side of the forgotten Mid East campaigns of WWI.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Not a bad film if you've never seen it...

https://youtu.be/dLXsF2CEydM
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

I'm a total sucker for cop,doctor lawyer shows.

Been getting into FBI and FBI International
Chicago Med and Chicago Fire
Law and Order Organized Crime
East New York

Sorry can't get enough of the stuff.

For movies,Rogue Warriors looks cool,anybody see it.I like the A/C D/C theme song.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

If you're not watching Andor, you're missing out. Star Wars story that's dark and shows the seedy side of the Rebellion.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’ve been watching Andor, and for the most part enjoying it. :hmm: Quite dark indeed.

Wife and I have been watching NCIS from the beginning, usually two to three episodes in a row. Enjoyable, yet quite formulated that rarely varies much. I missed a good portion of the series in my working years, so it’s been fun to fill up the holes of what I had missed. And surprising to see one time or repeat actors who have showed up on episodes. We did the same thing with Blue Bloods.

Haven’t watched many movies lately. Last one in the theater was Top Gun Maverick. Last one from my collection was Bridges at Toko Ri. Looking forward to Devotion in a week or so… is this a constant theme here? :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”