New(er) Truck

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Medicman71
Elite Member

New(er) Truck

Post by Medicman71 »

I completely forgot to show off the new truck. It's a 2015 Nissan Xterra. Yes I have a thing for them. I like the idea of a small SUV that doesn't look like a soccer mom vehicle. This one is called "Ghost". The old Xterra, "Minion" was sold off last week. It was just getting to expensive to maintain. I will miss a lot about that truck though especially the supercharger.

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: New(er) Truck

Post by Stuart »

Nice, I'm guessing the yellow one is Minion?

I really like Nissans on the whole, we've had three so far, they've all been nice to drive.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Yeah the yellow one was the "Minion". This is my fourth Nissan and they're awesome vehicles.
Mike

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Congrats on the new Nissan, I also drive one, but mine is a 1993 pickup. Before that it was a 1986 Nissan Sentra that lasted 18 years with 697,000 miles on it before it finally broke beyond reasonable repair costs. Nissans truly do last!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Very nice! I don't blame you for liking those Nissans. We had a 2001 model Xterra and enjoyed the lease. Since then, we've had 3 Nissan Maximas, one Altima Coupe (3.5) and now our Infiniti Qx50. I've had great luck with all my Nissan-family cars, and would own another without worry. I think the Nissan VQ series of V6 engines are just awesome, and powerful, while reliable. All three Maximas and that Altima Coupe were true 150 mph autos if not for the rev-limiter and all were powered by some version of that engine, including the ugly-duckling QX50, with a whopping 325 HP and rear-wheel drive. Whooppee! What a lil' sleeper! :lol:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

The 2002 Xterra (yellow one) was a sleeper! It had a 6 cylinder with a supercharger and would flat haul ass. This one has a 6 cylinder but is not nearly as quick. I have a hard time remembering that sometimes. :giggles:
Mike

Return to “Free Discussion”