Mark's Spruefest threads...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Mark's Spruefest threads...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Both thread posts won't load / open for me. Perhaps too many photos or photos too large. I've almost always had trouble clicking on Mark's threads especially the ones with too many photos. As much as I really love to see the Spruefest photos, I've given up because it takes too long to open or won't open.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Sorry Mark, it's not your fault. I really love to see your Sprufest threads.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Re: Mark's Spruefest threads...

Post by LyleW »

Yes. Not sure it isn’t a special character embedded in the last post. I have no way to see it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, they load extremely slowly for me as well. The first thread won’t open for me anymore either. But even his threads that are low on images tend to open slowly for me on here. I believe it is some sort of interaction between this forum and his image hosting site. Another forum where he posts the same stuff, So Cal AMPS, hosted on Pro Boards, opens with no delays.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Won't open for me either and his manufacturing post also open very slow for me too
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you for letting me know this. Wow, that explains the few responses most times. No worries. I don't add any special characters or anything, it is the same BBcode tags used for images. Maybe there is an issue between this site and the Alliance Gallery where I host my pics. I post the same posts (sometimes with slight mods) in four or five other boards and they all load quite fast. At least nobody there on any of the other boards said anything about loading.slow.

I did notice that this site is not secured. On the top address bar of my browser, this shows a symbol with a red line through it. I don't know enough about websites and bandwidth or anything so I may be talking out of the side of my mouth in bringing that up. That issue could be why my e-mail program doesn't accept notifications from these boards either.

I apologize to all of you for posting so many pics. I do love to share too much. Hopefully we can figure this out. Until then, I wonder if I should continue to post my updates or should I put a temporary stop on that until this is resolved? :hmm:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, on here and FSM your image posts tend to load slowly. On IPMS and AMPS, your posts open at normal speeds like everyone else’s, so I’m guessing (ex grunt with minimal tech skills- proverbial cave man) that it is something between those sites and Modelers Alliance. As far as how to deal with it, I would suggest fewer images in your posts.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

So... it’s not just me then.

Mark, I’ve always enjoyed seeing the shows you’ve gone to, your builds, your awards, etc.... I always post a response in everything you’ve posted.

I honestly don’t know why these things are happening on your posts but hopefully Lyle, Torben, or somebody can figure out why - especially when you’re not getting notifications. That seems to be an issue for you still.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Mark I love seeing just how much you build and really don't mind the slow load. I remember the days of dial up.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Ha - ATDT... then start your TCP/IP stack (netmanage, etc) and then bring up WAIS and your mozilla browser. Back in the day you had to be a bit of a techie. :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Floki wrote:Mark I love seeing just how much you build and really don't mind the slow load. I remember the days of dial up.
Lol! Very true and I agree, your manufacturing thread does load slowly, but it's worth the (short) wait.

Alas I couldn't open the Spruefest threads either, but congratulations on your award. I thought I did have about it, what camera do you have Mark, and how many MP is it?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”