Top Gun Maverick

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Top Gun Maverick

Post by Stikpusher »

Saw this on Monday. All I can say is “Hell Yes!”. This is one of the rare cases where the sequel is equal to or better than the original. And the flying scenes are probably some of the best yet put on film. I see a Super Hornet on my build list in the near future… :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Top Gun Maverick

Post by keavdog »

That's great to hear! Looking forward to seeing it.
Thanks,
John
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Watched a doco on how the flying scenes were filmed the other day.
Apparently they turned the pilots of the actual aircraft into camera men and put the actors in the back seat.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Ok, well I guess I'm going to be the downer cause I wasn't thrilled with it. Yes the flying scenes were cool but I felt like it relied way too much on nostalgia going as far as using the same lines. I won't see it again till it's out on DVD.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

There’s always one…. :whistle:

:giggles:

I guess I could relate well to the being the old man in the young man’s profession, and surrounded by a crew of young hot shots. To me the nostalgia touches improved the feel.

I’m still looking at building a Super Hornet sometime in the near future… :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Sorry. Just didn't feel as exciting as the original.

Oh and I have two Super Hornets on the bench.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

I'm in.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:There’s always one…. :whistle:

:giggles:

I guess I could relate well to the being the old man in the young man’s profession, and surrounded by a crew of young hot shots. To me the nostalgia touches improved the feel.

I’m still looking at building a Super Hornet sometime in the near future… :wink:
ROFL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I have yet to see it myself. Most of my family have seen it and have raved wildly about how good it is. Given my situation, I expect I'll be the last to see it in my family LOL!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

I went to see it on Sunday, and found it an enjoyable experience. Not as good as the original, but very few sequels ever are.

I understood why they needed to us the -18s for the mission at the end, but I was just befuddled as to why they didn't have F-35s flying cover against their 5th generation fighter foes. Guess that would have ruined the nostalgic climax though.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"

Return to “Free Discussion”