Top Gun Maverick

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Tojo72
Master Member

Re: Top Gun Maverick

Post by Tojo72 »

What country is the villain,an unamed threat or rogue nation I would imagine so as not offend anyone.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I thought it was great fun but if I was in charge I would have just tasked a B-2 to do the mission and then denied we had anything to do with it.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tojo72 wrote:What country is the villain,an unamed threat or rogue nation I would imagine so as not offend anyone.
No country named, but they seemed to be a blend of Iran, Russia, and possibly North Korea. The target area is near a coast, alpine/mountainous, snow & forest covered, and has a blend of old western & new Russian aircraft types. I do t want to give away any plot points for those who have not yet seen the movie.
Just like the original was against some ambiguous Indian Ocean coastal Soviet client state that seemed to imply Horn of Africa or Mid East.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Still not seam it, although I watched a few bits of the original the other day (no, not that bit!!!), I'll probably watch it when it comes out on Amazon premier.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

C’mon, admit it… you repeatedly watched the volleyball and locker room scenes… :whistle: :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

ROFL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Lol! Nope, just the flying - the shower scenes make me feel inadequate!

I don't often watch the love scene in Topgun, Kelly McGillis in silhouette, I could never get over the fact that she has no chin... :hmm:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Watched the whole original on Sunday in all its loud 80’s glory. Home theater HD big screen and surround sound system. Good stuff. The Tomcat is so much sexier than the Super Hornet… :hmm:

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Stikpusher wrote:
Tojo72 wrote:What country is the villain,an unamed threat or rogue nation I would imagine so as not offend anyone.
No country named, but they seemed to be a blend of Iran, Russia, and possibly North Korea. The target area is near a coast, alpine/mountainous, snow & forest covered, and has a blend of old western & new Russian aircraft types. I do t want to give away any plot points for those who have not yet seen the movie.
Just like the original was against some ambiguous Indian Ocean coastal Soviet client state that seemed to imply Horn of Africa or Mid East.
With a generic red dot for an emblem rather than a generic red star in the first one. :giggles:
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:The Tomcat is so much sexier than the Super Hornet… :hmm:

Kinda like having a mistress on the side. Both sexy as hell. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Free Discussion”