Out of pocket for a bit

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: Out of pocket for a bit

Post by Stikpusher »

Welcome to Phoenix :wink: 3pm here is usually the hottest part of the day. It starts cooling off around sundown… :whistle: Unless it’s a monsoon day, that changes the whole equation.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I don’t mind the heat. Just need to stay covered and hydrated.
Thanks,
John
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I don't get the temperature like you in AZ but we have the humidity. Luckily Naples almost always has a gulf breeze
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, shade helps big time and hydration is a must. The sun is brutal. I honestly don’t know how I pulled off all that time in the desert in my army years.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Uh, It is called "you were much younger then" I think.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Medicman71 wrote:God I hate moving. I try not to do it very often.
Ive got a few left. The next big one is scaring me a bit. 12000km. A whole new country.
As long as everything goes well with immigration i should be moving to Canada later this year.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Take off to the Great White North eh! :wink:

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Yup. From the little white south :lol:
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Made it to San Diego and back today for the airlift - pretty pleased with the results, but will need to do more careful inspection under better light. And... I have to do it again in 6 months :headslap:
I loaded the figures and car models in a box. It looks abusive but they travel pretty well like this.
And here is the airwing before making the 5 hour trip back to Goodyear
And after I pulled up to our apartment... the airbus decided to lose its wings...but I never glued them in. Pretty minor damage over all
There's no light in the 'office' yet so I took a pic on the counter - getting everything indoors as quickly as possible. I'll send an office pic tomorrow. Pretty good lighting in here :hmm:

That's the last of the move out of California... had a pretty good rant as I crossed the Colorado :giggles: .
Time to wind down for a couple days.
Thanks,
John

Return to “Free Discussion”