Life Kicks Us Again!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Life Kicks Us Again!

Post by Medicman71 »

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on lately but yet again, life decided to kick us in the nuts. On Wednesday the 8th, my mother-in-law fell off a ladder 5 ft onto a concrete floor. She was taken to the wrong hospital (a non-trauma one) where they discovered some of her injuries. She was transferred to the trauma hospital where they found a skull fracture with a head bleed, rib fractures, a compression fracture of her lower spine, a right hip fracture and a left wrist fracture. In the last week she's had surgeries to fix the spine and hip. She's still in ICU but doing 100x better.

Problem is that she took care of her mother (wife's grandmother). So we're now having to take care of her, go to the hospital and work two full times jobs. Oh and my soon to be son-in-law was mugged at gun point the weekend before this. They took his wallet, phone and vehicle. Their only vehicle. So they can't help us at all. So we're going at this alone but we'll get through it, one day at a time. I'd just like to have one year where nothing major happens.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Re: Life Kicks Us Again!

Post by LyleW »

Wow! That must have been some fall! Quite the laundry list of injuries. Wish I were closer to help out! Good that the MIL is progressing. Glad the “SIL-to be” wasn’t hurt. Belongings can be replaced but, you guys know that.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I'm sorry to hear this Mike. Sometimes the hits just keep on comin'. Hang in there brother!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Thanks guys! I'm actually the one that holds it together the best. A life in EMS will do that for you.
Mike

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It never rains, but when it does, it pours. I’m sorry to hear about the bad juju hitting your family right now. Hang in there buddy!!! Sent best wishes for your MIL to have a speedy and complete recovery. And happy hunting to the local law dogs on catching the criminals who did their deeds. Hopefully with an excuse to use lethal force. They sound armed and dangerous to me… :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Don't know what to write, Mike. I'm just glad that she's doing better already and that she has a son-in-law that knows his stuff and how to handle tough situations.
All I can do is to wish you and your family all the best and the mental strength that is needed in the months to come.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Mike! Brother, so sorry to learn the news. Hang in there.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Thanks guys! You know the saying, "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"? Well that applies to here. Me and to some degree my wife, know exactly what's going on. So I'm able to tell my MIL things in non-medical terms.

And I'm with you Stik. They find the bastards that robbed my SIL, I say the use of "excessive force" is authorized. :ballbat:
Mike

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote: And I'm with you Stik. They find the bastards that robbed my SIL, I say the use of "excessive force" is authorized. :ballbat:
Road trip!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ya know, when I went to the academy, the law said that “necessary force” was that needed to “effect the arrest, overcome resistance, or prevent escape”. I think that the last two clauses cover most situations. If the cop has probable cause to put handcuffs on someone and they go into fight or flight mode, they choose to have force used upon them. Just sayin…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”