Score one for the good guys, for now anyway

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Score one for the good guys, for now anyway

Post by LyleW »

First of all, I don't know what it is about this Equinox that attracts bozos. Today, took the wife to the eye doc. Came out when we were finished and noticed a piece of paper on the windshield. Yippie. It read, "Someone hit your car. I took pictures of thei car...Florida license plate - gave the number, color and make and model. Signed "Debbie" and gave a phone number.

As I was pulling the paper off the car, Debbie came over. She had seen the whole thing. This clown that hit me did so trying to pull into the parking spot. He then backed out, moved away some 100 feet or so and parked. I guess he thought no one saw it. Well, Debbie did.

We called the Police and two lovely ladies from the Graymoor/Devonshire Police showed up. We explained what had happened...no, we were not in the car, no it hasn't been moved and there is the car that hit ours about 10 spaces away. We had no idea where the other guy was as there are several businesses in the area.

They finished up with me and went down to look over the other car and get what information they could. Pam tells me she sees a guy coming out from the eye doc office who proceeds to take a very long way around to get to his car. Guess who. Then he got to talk to the lovely ladies from the police department. I hope he had the information they needed. I am assuming that Florida has car insurance laws. Anyway, I would have loved to hear what he had to say on why he left the scene and tried to hide.

As we were leaving the parking lot, we drove by him and he gave me a somewhat unhappy look!

I have a police accicent report, an eye-witness and now an estimate from the dealer from whom we bought this accident magnet. Are you ready? Only $1,155.60 to replace the bumper cover, paint, etc. I know it isn't right, but I want to stick it to this guy. Bad. Really bad.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Score one for the good guys, for now anyway

Post by keavdog »

Well if you're going to be unfortunate, you may as well be fortunate enough to have a thoughtful, helpful person like Debbie to be around to watch. Stick it to him Lyle :ballbat:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yep, if he caused that and ran he's fair game :ballbat:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hey.... if it’s all good on you, stick it to him. I hate folks that hit cars and run off to leave the science of an accident. It’s a good thing Debbie saw the whole thing.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Good luck going to any body shop for less than 1k. Good thing a Debbie was there and stuck around to make thos ordeal a lot easier
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow Lyle! I'm glad Debbie was there to see the whole thing and help you get this reported. It reminds me of a time my friend Bill and I were sitting in my truck in a restaurant parking lot. We had just finished lunch and were getting ready to leave when we saw this Asian woman come racing down the parking lot, saw an open spot and whipped her car into it without slowing down. Of course her aim was way off; she slammed into the other car and scraped all the way to the front. She then pulled out a bit, then pulled back in away from the other car (she hit them on her driver side so she needed to move over to open her own door.) She opened the door and pulled out her phone possibly to report the accident herself. She saw us sitting in my truck laughing at the whole thing and wasn't happy. I don't know the ultimate result because we had to be somewhere and she was still on the phone when we left.

I do hope you really stick it to the guy and get full payment!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Love it,once on awhile someone like that gets what they deserve.
Hope it works out the right way for you.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Glad you had a witness. Those Florida drivers are nuts.....oh wait....

I've been here for 3 years and have been rear ended twice. Just a tap both times. $700 first time and $500 second.
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Post by Greg »

Lyle,

Sorry that had to happen, but it's sure nice to know that there are still folk like Debbie around who take some action. Hope you get reimbursed. One way or the other, the guy got caught and maybe will think twice in the future. Maybe.
tempestjohnny wrote:Those Florida drivers are nuts.....oh wait....
That made me choke on my coffee a little bit when I laughed. :lol:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

well, I gave all the info to our insurance agent....basically said I am on my own to contact his insurance co. I think I'll be looking for a new insurance guy. Seems they used to do this as a service to their policy holders. Oh, apparently, you have to buy the reports now. Still waiting for it to be posted.

Debbie was certainly a blessing in this case.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Free Discussion”