Space Ranger’s FSM thread gone outta control....

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Space Ranger’s FSM thread gone outta control....

Post by BlackSheep214 »

.... over a Covid outbreak at Omaha IPMS show.

https://cs.finescale.com/fsm/general_di ... 90936.aspx

Wow.... talk about being an alarmist not only in FSM but at Hyperscale, SteelNavy and BritModeller forums. This guy needs to take it down a notch and quit with the panic news. :bored:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Re: Space Ranger’s FSM thread gone outta control....

Post by Stikpusher »

I wouldn’t even call it a COVID outbreak. But yeah, “Space Ranger” sounds like a guy who is very much on the alarmist side of the spectrum.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Heard about that. Roy Sutherland at Barracuda Studios caught it there.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:hmm: If it's the mild kind, they'll be ok. Not worth starting a rant over it.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, what a bunch of fear mongering! I'm thrilled to see so many sane and educated people replying to this guy to set him straight. I have spent the last three weeks fighting off covid and I felt the same as I did with any other flu. Fought it in the same way and now I'm probably negative. I will be self testing later to know for sure.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

They didn't take it down or lock it yet.

And I didn't get moderated for my Monkey Pox comment yet.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! :headslap:

I copied and pasted the original post from IPMS onto there because Space Danger was posting that the OP there used the term “super spreader”. Ummmmm, no :nono: That was chicken little’s own leap of logic.

I even pointed out on the IPMS forum to the OP that due to incubation period of COVID, it is possible that he picked it up before, or on the way to the Nationals. Without back tracing of exposure, it is not possible to be certain. But he likes to think that he caught it at the Nationals, so that’s where he stands. :bored:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Chicken Little is a hypochondriac.... :giggles:
You what they say.... he made an “Ass” out of “U” and “Me.”
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Ok hold up. The guy (Chris) from IPMS Journal that said he felt sick "the day after" did not get Covid from Nationals. There's an incubation period of up to 14 days. Someone get Space Ranger (and some of the others) and aluminum foil hat please.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This was my post to Chris on IPMS

Just a thought. Covid has an average 5-6 day incubation period from exposure to presenting symptoms, with a two day minimum and two week maximum. It’s possible that it was picked up before or on the way to Nats, considering the event lasted well under the two week period, let alone the 6 day period.

Getting tested is wise advice, but doesn’t mean that the exposure happened at the Nats.

and this was his reply

I was there Tuesday through Sunday (six days) and tested positive on Monday. So I'm going to guess it was exposure at the nationals.

A few posts have said that “other people” they know who were at the Nats have since tested positive, but no specific numbers. Only generic terms are mentioned. Odds are that such events will result in a few new cases, no matter what precautions are taken. Not to mention during travel to such events. Sitting in an aluminum cylinder with 100-200 of your closest new friends for hours breathing the same recycled shared air is going to expose lots of folks as well.

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”