Heinkel He 100: Intercontinental Friendship Model Shop Pt.1

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
mustang1989

Re: Heinkel He 100: Intercontinental Friendship Model Shop P

Post by mustang1989 »

Man you're really gettin' after it with the work you're putting into this thing. Fabulous!!!!!!!!! :shoutout:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Medicman71 wrote:Wow! The surgery you both are doing is really cool. Can't wait to see more.
Thank you! Sending prayers for Millie.
mostrich wrote:This is a level of dedication to our beloved hobby where I can only watch and wonder. Superb work from the both of you!
This is how I feel when I view your work, Torben. I was thinking t’other day about your jet liner and what you did to seal the windows, letting form triumph over the kit itself, a brilliant (if I understood correctly) variation on the typical “follow the rules to get this done” style of building which simply does not exist here at SPAM. Bravo.
Duke Maddog wrote:It is certainly far beyond my ability to comprehend doing; much less attempt! I am overwhelmed at your amazing bravery, fortitude and skill in accurizing this plane.
Nothing lies beyond you, Mark. You are in the vanguard. Your scale experience is master class level. Believe me, some enterprising modeler out there will create a “Master Class” series quite soon. Never forget how much you inspire others to try to maximize 1/72.
mustang1989 wrote:Man you're really gettin' after it with the work you're putting into this thing. Fabulous!!!!!!!!! :shoutout:
You are another Master Builder, Joe. From following your work it is possible to learn what it is like to build an accurate prototype. I did see on a WWI Forum a fella use EZ line to create a scale 1/32 wiring harness and thought of your work with engines; certainly one of your greatest strengths is an eyeful of colorful cable candy.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Bruce. Your words honor me more than I deserve. I'm just a small OOB fish in a large lake of master scratchbuilders and kitbashers in 1/72 scale, as seen on Missing Lynx. Still I do fully enjoy building my small stuff.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

Thanks for waiting Bruce! I am back from Italy and now let's see when to restart.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Welcome back, Marius! Just say when!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Okay. After a month off for various reasons, I believe we are restarting this one. I had a look at the fuselage halves last night to decide how I will proceed with scribing or making the important paneling come to life.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

:popcorn:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent! Glad to see this start up again.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Popcorn!!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

Yesterday I restarted the project with a first draft to replace the crude underwing cowler.
Here again the issue and how it looked in reality.

So I drew a new one as parametric 3D model based on the imo best and most representative drawing I have.
Today I wanna add a few more details and then I am going to print it out. One more for Bruce too.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”