Boeing 247 1/72 Williams

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Boeing 247 1/72 Williams

Post by LyleW »

Out there, waiting.....
First Williams kit I will have tried. I have two others, the Curtis C-46.

Not sure about the decals, showing a bit of age, but they are scanned in.

The instructions on this one are a hoot! Should be fun. This is it.

Sprues are simple enough.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: Boeing 247 1/72 Williams

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: Bamboo bomber... or Boeing liner.... oh this is a tough one to choose... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Bruce's choice....

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

speedgraflex wrote: :shoutout:
Any more shots of this?
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

That is a Cessna Bamboo Bomber. I am adding the URL to the correct thread. Apologies. Here is the restored Boeing 247 at the same museum:.

https://airwaysmag.com/airchive/museum- ... 7d-flight/
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks for these, too. No apologies needed. I had figured out that it was a T-50, but wanted some more pictures. "You done, good!" as we would say.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Ah yes, a Williams Bros. kit! I built the C-46 and it's a toughie, especially when it comes to adding the clear canopy/windscreen for the cockpit. This looks to be a simpler build; I might have to get me one of these.

Bring it on Lyle!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Likely next up. I have two of the C-46 kits. Heard about the canopy, so I bought the one piece for them.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Likely next up. I have two of the C-46 kits. Heard about the canopy, so I bought the one piece for them.[/quote]

Smart move. I didn't have the funds for one at the time I built mine. Somehow I still managed to make mine look acceptable.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”