Heinkel He 100: Intercontinental Friendship Model Shop Pt.1

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Heinkel He 100: Intercontinental Friendship Model Shop P

Post by Stikpusher »

KSaarni wrote:PS. Visually outstanding idea to add text / comments straight into the picture!

- Kari
It looks straight out of a magazine. Way too high end for this crowd :giggles: :tease: :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

KSaarni wrote:PS. Visually outstanding idea to add text / comments straight into the picture!

- Kari
Most everything I do here is done with an iPhone which means anyone with a smartphone can do it. Adobe Photoshop PS Express is the finisher. With PSE you can edit, collage and add text quickly. There are templates available to use, too. I actually was told by my roommate from school to take my photos and make magazine illustrations to show prospective clients/art directors what I can do when I graduated school.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:It looks straight out of a magazine. Way too high end for this crowd :giggles: :tease: :wink:
I just don’t want to be pretentious. That’s the kiss of death. I do feel compelled to try things out to make these pages connect better with everyone. Like I wrote to Kari, long ago it was suggested I do this as a try out method for work.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m just playing Bruce, it’s not pretentious at all. It is however quite professional looking. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I second what Carlos said. Your pics are truly inspiring seeing them edited the way you do them. Don't change!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:I’m just playing Bruce, it’s not pretentious at all. It is however quite professional looking. :wink:
Thank you thank you thank you!

Marius and I are making joint decisions using WhatsApp; my local time is 1:00 pm, he is 9 hours ahead. First he begins with a photo to initiate a discussion; we are both well aware of the Lindberg’s limitations of detail. These are considerable. Some are alright; necessary for the scale and in keeping with the maker’s aspirations: easy to build, easy to build.

Reference photo by Marius as a back and forth discussion begins! We send photos back and forth.

Marius sends instructions from a Special Hobby kit:

Sketch by Marius:

Sketch by me:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Cool !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

speedgraflex wrote:Image
These images clearly show the outstanding work you have done so far. Chapeau!
I am a bit behind for a lot of reasons. Nevertheless I am currently focusing on my biggest concern after the success of correcting the fuselage shape: small windows behind cockpit!
Bolleken
Master Member

Post by Bolleken »

You know the fuselage halves came with no openings for side windows, only a surface in the green plastic is clearly marked as "window".

I tried to cut it out by using drills, reamer drill (?), files, scalpels and glas-fibre pen.

That was successful, but the small remaining plastic frame is now very week (see white decoloration of material)

Now how to get a window matching all contours (all directions)? First trial with PS clear material with thickness of 1 mm. Used 1 mm to be able to sand it into final shape after glueing in.

It was a success regarding feasibility unfortunately the window shape is incorrect.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”