Italeri Mirage F1C

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Italeri Mirage F1C

Post by BlackSheep214 »

The "office" is done! I opt not to use the kit's ejection pull levers and followed Clint's method on his aircraft kit. I managed to scrounge up some old laptop wires from work. They're not stiff enough to hold it's shape but a little bit of gorilla glue helped. Note: I lost the first one I made and had to make another. Oh well...

It is kinda strange to see the location of the ejection handles on the Mirage. :hmm:

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That looks very sharp!

On a related note, there are actually several seat types out there that have the initiation handle there rather than with a pull down face curtain.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

The Mirage is buttoned up!

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

All right!!! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

And she sprouted wings and tails... :giggles:

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks great!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Looks great!
:P1:

:shoutout:

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Priming and painting it will be challenging. I don't why Italeri instruction guide has front struts so early in the build (step 3). They are glued to the bottom side of cockpit. Front gear strut has small opening. Again, Italeri has gone loco in the manufacturing the fuselage. I'll post a pic later. Too small if you wanted to go wheels up. No way all that would fit to tuck away. :bored:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You can’t insert the nose gear strut after the fuselage is sealed up? That’s not good… :hmm:
But don’t blame Italeri, that kit was originally molded by ESCI in the late 70’s/early 80’s when they were running wild about 1/48 aircraft. It’s one of their many molds now sold by Italeri.

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Nice work... it really is coming into shape with the wings in place. I remember building a few of the old ESCI kits back in the day.
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”