1/72 Focke Wulf 190

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

1/72 Focke Wulf 190

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hey all, this is my first aircraft in 2 years.
I do not remember Revell of Germany having this bad of a fitting issue.. I started this 2 days ago and have only finished the cockpit now. I forgot what a pain 1/72 cockpits are with little molded in detail.

I painted it in Blue Grey which is FARRR too blue for my liking, but its the darkest grey I have on hand. The decals are nice enough, but I think I got one of them backwards.
Sorry I can't show you more of the pit. I can't get any light in there to picture.
Anyhow, more to come
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Re: 1/72 Focke Wulf 190

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: Looks pretty good to me. Especially when you take the small scale into consideration.

A very thin wash of Flat Black might tone down some of the blue in that Blue Gray if it’s not too late. Now I am curious as to which blue gray that you used? In your photos, the color looks close enough to RLM 66.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thank you.
I used Vallejo 71.005. I can try to do the black wash, but I might just ruin the paint...
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

In that case, if you’re worried about ruining the paint with a wash, I’d leave it be and look for a different color for next time.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I tried the wash. It really didn't do much of anything. The paint is intact, but is still just as blue. Got any recommendations for the correct colour?
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Vallejo Gray Green 70.866 is supposed be matched to RLM 66 according to their website.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I wouldn't get too hung up about the cockpit, especially in 1/72 - so little of it can be seen with the canopy on anyway it's pretty much immaterial. As long as it's close enough, that's all that counts. On a couple of my 1/72 Spitfire I ditched the whole cockpit bar the IP and seat and nobody noticed - in fact, unless you stick a pen light in it you can't see anyway.

Great progress thus - which boxing is this?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

This is the 2018 rebox.

It has some extra parts for a bomb... with wings (sorry I don't know the name) but no instructions for that bit. I figured it out pretty easily, but now I need the correct paint guide for this version of the plane.
Image The thing on the bottom :hmm:
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

That's their guided bomb. I'd say RLM 66 but could be wrong. Not so much of a Luft guy.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Is RLM 66 for the interior?

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”