1/72 Focke Wulf 190

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: 1/72 Focke Wulf 190

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, as a general rule, cockpits were usually RLM 66 after 1940 or so. At least on most single and twin engine fighter and dive bomber types. On bomber types, RLM 02 was more common. Research your particular subject type to be sure.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Man I have a lot of catching up to do...
Thanks guys
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Looks good! Everyone’s advice is spot on; there’s nothing visible except the top edge of the seat which you could thin out next time for more correct appearance, and seat belts, I feel your colors are fine. If you are modeling the fighter bomber, check the Smithsonian’s aircraft out. I believe that was an A7 modified to be an F-8.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I checked out the Smithsonian one, and I like that paint scheme.
This is how I am going to go, I did the underside and a bit of the sides in a "light grey" and I will mix my own colours for the camo. The image is of a FW 190 f8/r1 apparently. Sounds good to me.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That one looks to be in the standard RLM 74/75/76 scheme. No need to mix the colors if you have access to paint lines such as Vallejo or any one of the many other companies who make those colors in their lines.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I only have a select few, but I may just go to the lhs and find Vellejo's RLM set. Might as well anyway
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

If you plan on building more Luftwaffe aircraft, it’s a good idea to get the paints and have them on hand for future projects.

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I sure do plan on it so yes.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Nice work on this so far. The usual colour for ordanance intended to be underslung would be RLM 65, but period photo's show some Bv 246 with a darker sheme on top.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

It looks good to me, but I don't have much knowledge in German aircraft. Like the others said, I wouldn't worry about it when not much is going to be seen anyway.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”