Airfix 1/72nd Victor K.2 Op Black Buck

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Bish
Master Member

Airfix 1/72nd Victor K.2 Op Black Buck

Post by Bish »

Been looking forward to building this, as soon as it came out i knew what i was going to be doing with it. I've never done any of the V Bombers before, and i was recently pleased to see Airfix are re-releaseing the Valiant and am hoping for a Black Buck version of the Vulcan. But firstly, the Victor, there is a lot of kit in this box, and even without the bomber parts, its not going to be a quicky build. I am adding Eduard PE plus resin wheels and a few other AM parts. I am still awaiting the re-release of a couple of pieces of ground equipment from AIM, but if need be i wil add those later if they are not released before this is done.

Starting out with the interior, from what i could find online i made a few changes to what Airfix recomends. Also, i noticed bthat the eduard interior set does not simply replace some of the consoles but it completly changes some. From what i could find the PE looked correct and so i checked the instructions for the previous bomber release which i found on scalemates. Airfix have not changed anything on the inside from their bomber boxing, and it does make sense that the 2 would be different. Once i worked all that out, i got going, the 2 front seats were painted, weathered and then the PE was added. The instructions said to paint the cushions yellow but this didn't seem right, the photo's seem to show grey, so thats what i went with.

And the rear seats along with the rudder pedals.

The cabin floor with some PE already added. One of the seat bases was removed as it seems the tanker has 3 in the back rather than 4.

And the rear console with the desk painted for wood, coloured PE will go on the console face later.

The instructions said the walls were all black. But the photo's i found of the Victor at RAF Cosford showed a light grey in the rear section and these seemed to match the Light Aircraft Grey that i had used on my Typhoon wheel wells, so i went with that.

I've also done some work on the main whell wells. There is PE for the roof of the wel, but i left that out as the kit looked more accurate than the PE.

And got the main undercarrage together.

Got a bit of detail painting and weathering to do before i can flat coat the interior parts and get the fuselage together.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: Airfix 1/72nd Victor K.2 Op Black Buck

Post by tempestjohnny »

:popcorn: On this too
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Ooh, a Victor build!

:popcorn:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I like this a/c a lot. The Revell kit kicked my butt and went in the trash. Eager to see this done properly.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

That's gonna be big...
Good luck and good job so far
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I love it! I did mine as a bomber version because I already had the other two V-bombers built. It's nice to have a set.

Looking forward to seeing more here.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys. I am planning on getting the re-release of the Valiant, which i am thinking of doing as either the recon or nuke bomber version. The Vulcan i plan to do with Shrike missiles if what i had read is true.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Looking good, Martin. I hope to start on mine before too long.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

KSaarni wrote:Ooh, a Victor build!

:popcorn:

- Kari
Oh yeah... the Victor is high on my wish list!!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool! This will be a cool build to watch.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”